MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I'm thinkin of havin a Power Commander fitted to my F4 750 evo 2 :flamethro It's got Sil Motor Tatanium cans and it runs really sweet at the mo. I'm not sure if it has the Sil Motor EPROM too, but I can't feel any flat spots, plus the occasional bangs and crackles during downshifts make me grin. So does anyone know if I might be doing the right thing in search of more power, or am I just about to mess with a good set up? :stir: Cheers

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
You forgot to mention "probably well worth it" though.

I still haven't done this to mine... I plugged in a WCT chip and it's pretty good but not perfect. There's some lumpiness at street speed.

Airfuel, have you ever tuned a 750 on the dyno? Wondering if you've run into the thing that Doug Lofgren describes as exceeding the duty cycle of the injectors? He's written up a few things on dyno tuning MVs...

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Hmmm, I've tuned plenty of 750's and have not really run into that problem.

I only really notice it if I can't get a bike to run rich enough. Throwing more fuel at the PC with no actual richening of the mixture makes me look at duty cycle of the injectors. (exceeding 85% is not good)

Since most MV's tend to run on the rich side, It really hasn't been an issue.

·
Registered
419 Posts
I fitted a PCIII to my EVO3 F4 750 two years ago and had it dynod and it made a huge difference to the rideability of the bike. In the first few meters as I was riding away from the shop I could feel how much smoother the throttle response was and how much easier it was to control at low rpm's and as soon as I got out on the main roads the extra few horses brought a smile to my face. My bike really needed it because it was very lumpy initially. Now much better. Even though it was expensive to have done I am glad I did it and consider it money well spent in this case.
I have uploaded the printout showing HP and torque before and after the remap. The only other mod I had made to the bike prior to the dyno session was an exhaust modification by Casoli (all but one of the baffles were removed).
However, noisysilmotoman, if your bike is running smoothly as is then probably best not to mess with it unless you really need to unleash those extra handful or horses.

Attachments

·
Registered
419 Posts
Yep, Matty, that is pretty smooth. I'm gonna print that out and take it with me next time I visit my dyno guy (just as soon as I get that BMC filter).

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
TakisM said:
Yep, Matty, that is pretty smooth. I'm gonna print that out and take it with me next time I visit my dyno guy (just as soon as I get that BMC filter).
im sure i could have pushed out some more HP but thats not what i was looking for....the bike is smooth throughout the whole rev range and is not choppy anywhere....even in the reallllll low rpm.

Good ol Dyno Solutions :yo:

·
Registered
419 Posts
Matty said:
im sure i could have pushed out some more HP but thats not what i was looking for....the bike is smooth throughout the whole rev range and is not choppy anywhere....even in the reallllll low rpm.

Good ol Dyno Solutions :yo:
Thanks for the clearer copy of your dyno chart. Even though the remap made my bike feel a whole lot better than before my dyno chart is no where near as smooth as yours. I wonder why?

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks guys all your experiences realy help. Looking at the charts I think it'll be worth it, especially as a BMC filter is on my christmas list and that will have an affect itself. One thing I forgot to mention (which I'll also speak to the dyno centre about) is the "on-off" injection, which requires a lot of concentration when opening the throttle from (almost) closed position with the bike leaned right over.... cheers

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
a proper PCIIImap and Co2/TB sync will cure the on/off to a big degree. if you want it even smoother, you can remove one of the throttle springs. works great for me. :D

·
Registered
77 Posts
Just to add my 2 cents. I have the same set up on my SPR (check out thread MVAgusta.net > Hands On > Performance > SPR on the dyno)and when the custom map was programmed i saw a 15 hp increase. In my experience the pipe and commander AND custom map should go hand and hand or else your not using the functionality of the commander to its full potential (you payed all that money to do the same job as a simple chip). As far as drive-ability, doesn't every one simply want the fuel mixture to be as accurate as possible all of the time ? what are the draw backs ? (shrug)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts