MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I have a small problem with my F4750SR 2004 and was wondering if anyone can help. My indicators pack up after iv been riding for a while. They work fine at first, Then they cut out. Some times they come back on again. Iv asked for advice on this in the past and it was suggested that it might be the fiaring connection (on the topcowl) Iv tried tightening and loosening these bolts as advised but this does not seem to sort it. Do you think its the realay? How can I locate it and try a new one. It been going on for a few years now and its a bloody nightmare. Im thinking of selling it and I dont want to pass this problem, though small, to the next owner. Any suggestions? I would really appreciate some help on this,

Thanks. Mike

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks very much for your help. Ill buy a new one and swap it over and see if that sorts it. Its a funny fault because it only happens after half an hour or so riding. All the indicators fail then start up again randomly. Really odd. I hope its that relay! Cheers Mike

·
Registered
619 Posts
Joe is 100% on no grease, it will atttract dirt.
My "07 F4 had this issue, found relay no tight in plug, tweaked plug a little, problem gone.

ed :)

·
Super Moderator
22,351 Posts
Joe is talking about the connectors between the front fairing stays and the electrical plates. You have to remove the front fairing to get to them. These connectors have a very small contact area and require the faring stays to be in contact with the electrical plates with just the right amount of pressure. Be careful when removing and installing the fairing....follow the instructions in the manual.

·
Registered
9,955 Posts
Thanks very much for your help. Ill buy a new one and swap it over and see if that sorts it. Its a funny fault because it only happens after half an hour or so riding. All the indicators fail then start up again randomly. Really odd. I hope its that relay! Cheers Mike

When the indicators fail is it all bulbs not lightling up or are the back bulbs lighting up ?

joe

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks Joe, that's really good of you. Ill follow this and see if I can nail the problem. I have tried the fairing connectors a couple of times but to no avail. Ill check out the bullet connectors and relay connection next. Cheers! Mike

1 - 9 of 9 Posts