MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know the number of F4312R's manufactured? I've searched on the web and can't find this. One magazine noted 300 would be made but I wasn't sure if this was worldwide or for the States... or if it's even accurate. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
Yeah, I agree with BD there. As many as they can sell, no limited number. The 312 doesn't seem to be selling that well over here at the mo.

·
Registered
236 Posts
There are still a bunch of 1000R that they want to sell with a RG3 included.

I must say the 312R is no big difference over the 1000R.

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
Well it will be interesting to see. I'm sure someone will be left with egg on their face. If the UK importer doesn't take the bikes, I guess they will go on the open market for parallel imports.

·
Registered
360 Posts
So where does the rest of the worlds allocation come from? There are several floating around Australia for sale at the moment.

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
BKYMOTO said:
300 total production. 150 for Europe, 150 for the US. The R312 is pretty much just produced for racing homologation.
And what about Oz??? :wtf:

James, step in any time mate! He owns a 312R here in Perth. :naughty:

300 is the limited edition #, the 312R is not limited.

Simon would be pretty right, I'm with Rockethouse on this one. :yo:

·
Registered
25 Posts
As far as I am aware, the 312 is now a standard model and not a limited edition. Also I believe it is to replace the R model. So with that I assume production will depend on demand. Sort of makes sense as our dealers were offering a special on the S and R models when the 312 came out.

I could be wrong though!

·
Registered
6,025 Posts
1000R & 312R availability

nicensleazy said:
Well it will be interesting to see. I'm sure someone will be left with egg on their face. If the UK importer doesn't take the bikes, I guess they will go on the open market for parallel imports.
There are loads of 1000R's available at the mo.................its getting to be name your own price time of the year

It makes me laugh when my 1000s cost £14,780 including alarm in Sept 2005, yet I know of a 312R that was purchased by a pal of mine for £12,999 only 8 weeks ago?? Thats nearly £2000 less and 2 years later

I'm looking forward to confirmation of this 3 cylinder MV that I hear mention on the forum.
There is no room for a 1000cc 3 cylinder as it would be pointless! so whats left? 750 or 600cc ??

Lets face facts, if a new 3 cylinder MV is really on the cards its got to be equal to or outclass the Honda CBR600 RR and R6 Yamaha in every way or its a dead duck!!

Which in fact would mean it would have to be light!, quick!, and realiable and not too costly either..............whats more with an outstanding exhaust howl.

Is this possibly too much of a tall order!!

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Just wondering. Has anyone's dealer (in the US) gotten a new shipment of 312s? I've look at some dealers site and their 312s are gone and have not be replaced.

·
Registered
968 Posts
adecritten said:
Lets face facts, if a new 3 cylinder MV is really on the cards its got to be equal to or outclass the Honda CBR600 RR and R6 Yamaha in every way or its a dead duck!!

Which in fact would mean it would have to be light!, quick!, and realiable and not too costly either..............whats more with an outstanding exhaust howl.
[/font]
I'm not sure on that. How many people here own their current MV's because they outclass the competition 'in every way'? Not many :)

I think this 3 cylinder needs to be somewhat competitive with respect to speed, but more importantly needs to handle well (including good brakes and fully adjustable suspension parts) and arguably the number 1 priority: look the business.

·
Registered
8,920 Posts
The Triple is a 675, for World SuperSport, ala the Triumph Daytona, and forthcoming Benelli

·
Administrator
20,104 Posts
675 is what was reported in the media. Many articles on the subject. Not speculation. 500cc single also not speculation.

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
Allan Gibbs said:
Just wondering. Has anyone's dealer (in the US) gotten a new shipment of 312s? I've look at some dealers site and their 312s are gone and have not be replaced.
I'm pretty sure Ducati Miami got a fresh shipment not too long ago. Either that, or they switched stock with another dealer.

·
The Machinist
2,448 Posts
I know that my dealer Moto Forza in Escondido has 2 on the floor...maybe 3? Hey Tamburini, does Ducati Miami till have that 998 F.E.? That thing is sick!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts