MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All

Have replaced the rear bearings and now bike is running great again BUT when I put the fairing on something overheats and it runs like a dog and sounds like a Ducati OR something similar but not like it should!

Took the fairing off and did 400ks's on sunday and it ran perfectly all day.

Put the fairing back on and it will do 8 - 10k's and then it instantly starts running on 3 cylinders again!

Was there a thread on this issue a few weeks back, I remember someone talking about a relay or component that was starting to break down and needed cool air flow onto the component?

Any thoughts or direction to a previous thread.... anyone???

Is it to do with the no. 2 cylinder slipper clutch effect??

thanks

gary

·
Registered
172 Posts
Sounds like the EBS relay is going out… The same thing happened to my bike.

·
Ball & Chain magnet
3,027 Posts
EBS bro..... when you replace it, try to relocate it a bit further towards the seat unit (there should be enough slack to put it closer to the side panel under the tank.... I have a few pics and could show you where I'm talking about....I just have to snap them when I get a new camera.

Would be a good idea to get an extra EBS relay as well....just in case!

The EBS relay is located in the front on the engine on the left side (clutch side) just near the left tube of the exhaust header.... its a little black box looking thing, about the size of a match book that is attached to the frame with a rubber band. I installed a bit of heat shield to help it from overheating.

:smoking:

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Fantastic.... sounds like the problem!

I'll try the heat shield while I wait for the part!

Does anyone know a part no or is it an off-the-shelf item???

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Hi All

Have replaced the rear bearings and now bike is running great again BUT when I put the fairing on something overheats and it runs like a dog and sounds like a Ducati OR something similar but not like it should!

Took the fairing off and did 400ks's on sunday and it ran perfectly all day.

Put the fairing back on and it will do 8 - 10k's and then it instantly starts running on 3 cylinders again!

Was there a thread on this issue a few weeks back, I remember someone talking about a relay or component that was starting to break down and needed cool air flow onto the component?

Any thoughts or direction to a previous thread.... anyone???

Is it to do with the no. 2 cylinder slipper clutch effect??

thanks

gary

It sounds to me likes it's just overheating. My 750 did the same thing. Whenever the engine would reach a high temp the ECU will automatically throw fuel at the engine to cool it down and it would run like dog shit. When the engine was at a regular operating temp it would fly, but as soon as it climbed to the hot zone I'd have to park it and let it cool down. What kind of temperature does it start to act strange ?

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's in the 80's when it starts to run on three cylinders and it cuts in suddenly!

Thanks 'minime' for the part no...I have to ring Shearwater Motorcycles in Devonport (Port Sorell) to see if they can get one!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts