MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
You're right the tambo was a 1.6M ecu only. The only way to tell is if it's got the TSS system installed.

The only 5SM ecu that contains any kind of control for TSS will be the CC ECU from what i understand. All the 5sm F4 ECU's that i know of are marked 1000S, pretty sure they are anyway even the 312R.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks Chris.. didn't realise they all said 1000S..
I already asked to check the airbox / trumpets and external relay and that it may infact be a 1000R engine / loom.
It is over in the USA and was apparently purchased as a Tambo..

PS while your here, Colin loves his microtec, literally, but is always complaining about the lack of low down torque on the 1000R Vs my 1000S - I tell him that is the nature of the R, - can anything be done for him (apart from selling him your mad 1078 engine) ??

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
Thanks Chris.. didn't realise they all said 1000S..
I already asked to check the airbox / trumpets and external relay and that it may infact be a 1000R engine / loom.
It is over in the USA and was apparently purchased as a Tambo..

PS while your here, Colin loves his microtec, literally, but is always complaining about the lack of low down torque on the 1000R Vs my 1000S - I tell him that is the nature of the R, - can anything be done for him (apart from selling him your mad 1078 engine) ??

As far as i know all the F4 looms carry the green plug for the TSS from the 1000S right the way up to the 1078RR, even across the update in ECU's. The only way to know for certain is the airbox. If it splits at the base and is clipped to the top of the airbox then it's a tambo, if it's a conventional airbox then its not. A genuine Tambo will only have the 1.6M ecu.

I have only every mapped one 312R that had tambo parts fitted and it is a beast of a bike for torque and power.

Ref colins bike the 1000S engine is the best road engine in my opinion for torque. Each evolution after the S they just cammed the engine and fitted bigger valves. This worked for power but torque is always going to be the price, i reckon this is why they released trhe 1078 F4 to get back that torquy engine with the insane power they found on the 312.

You can get acceleration/torque through ignition adjustment but it can start coming at the price of an abrupt and snatchy throttle, happy to do it but there is always a trade off when hunting more of something.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Hi Chris interesting comments on the 1000s and 312 motors - had a look through my records and you mapped my 312 way back in 2012!since then have you found any better solutions to improve torque on the 312 as far as the maps go? is there somewhere in between that would give a bit more torque low down?do you have any improved maps? if so what would be the cost - i have a lead so that is not a problem.
cheers colin

1 - 6 of 6 Posts