MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 07' U.S. spec 1000F4R. :)
I just need to verify with someone who knows.
The backdrop to the story is as follows. My freind bought an 07' Corse, U.S. spec. When he asked the dealer where was his alarm (that is included with the bike), the dealer told him that the alarm was a chip in the key, preventing the bike from operating (ignition) without the matched key. He said all of the F4R come like that.
Now, I could have sworn I've seen a black box type alarm that was offered from MV, and that is what he assumed he would be getting (that dang ass-u-me got him, huh?). Does any body know anything about this?? And does that mean i cannot go get copies of my key, cause i sure did want that Ti. blank for my F4 (awsome accessory, sometimes it is the quite details, ya know). :naughty:
Thanks
Tree

·
Registered
190 Posts
I dont think MVF4R has any alarm of any sorts or engine immobilizers on the bike. Asked the dealer about this specifically and he told me F41000 dont have that gizmo on them. So 2 steel-chains and a bike lock are my means of protection

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sweet. I am on my way to get that Ti. key blank then. And my freind and the dealer are going to have a long talk. while they are an authorized dealer and service was prompt, service was not always complete or exact. I would hate to shoot down the mechanics for the salesmans doings, but this shop is quickly losing points.
Thanks guys.

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
mv4avi said:
I dont think MVF4R has any alarm of any sorts or engine immobilizers on the bike. Asked the dealer about this specifically and he told me F41000 dont have that gizmo on them. So 2 steel-chains and a bike lock are my means of protection

There is an MV alarm that is offered by the factory, required in the UK and supplied with all the specials.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
mine is the normal F4R, so i dont think i have any issues, but my freinds Corse.... should his have some type of alarm on it??

1 - 6 of 6 Posts