MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am considering about selling my Honda and buy a new F41000.
Only thing that worries me is the reliability of MV. With Honda, there has never been any problems.
What about MV? Gimme your experiences and thoughts.
How about FI? Is it "jerky" in MV like some tests say?

Inform me what to expect with this kind of change from Honda to MV. I have had 11 Hondas and I have never had any problems.

·
Living the Dream
2,760 Posts
i have nothing but good feedback when comparing the MV to another bike. i have a 2002 gsxr 600, not the same manufacturer as you, but non the less a jap bike, and the MV is a much more responsive bike. The controls are very sensative and not as forgiving, somewhat like a race bike. The handling is outstanding, considerably better than the jap bike, and i am going to say it is probably better than any honda. One thing that you might have heard about is the flat spot in the low rpm range. i think it is similar to the safety measure that my gsxr had, and that is so someone can't accidentily flip the bike out from under them if they don't know how to ride well. But, at the same time i have to think that a beginner won't likely have an MV so who knows. That is just the only thing i can think of besides the underseat heat, which i am sure you are already used to with your RR. Bottom line i have never seen a bike that is put together better and runs like it besides custom bikes that have hours of work into them. Not on that...it's and MV!!! There is not a bike like it on the planet!!!

·
Registered
47 Posts
VMA, I have a hand more than a few bikes (Yamaha Radian, Honda CBR 600 F3, Kawasaki Ninja, Ducati 749 and 2 MV Agustas, a 2002 F4 1+1 750 and now a 2004 SPR. Of all the these bikes the MV Agustas have by far the best fit, finish, build quality, and reliability. I have had no problems with either of my Italian beauties. They run great and are easily capable of providing many, many miles of enjoyment. Just follow your service intervals and you will be fine. Good luck with your decision. By the way, I have ridden an MV 1000 and they are incredible. Trust me on this one, GET IT!

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
One really neat way of describing the difference between the MV and any of the 1000 Jap bikes (and I have owned 2 2005 models) and this comment would be very much aimed at the Honda, is that the Jap bikes are consumer commuters at heart and dressed to be 'racebikes' whereas the MV's is a racebike with the commuter stuff added on just to make it road legal.

I have entered into this discussion so many times, the advice, don't read the magazine 1000cc comparos' (not comparing like with like) and test ride if you can the F4, its the only way. But be prepared not to want to give it back.

Is it love at first sight, Oh yeah...my MV lives in my lounge...serious!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys for your info. It is appreciated a lot. Agusta01, how is the MV´s FI when comparing to Japan Inc- bikes?

I read a comparison somewhere and it said MV´s injection is bit "sensitive".
Can it be fixed with a MV e-prom or Powercommander (or with both)?

How about those MV´s pipes and modifications? Any comments on those.

One reason why I am planning to get a MV is a possibility to modify it with "factory parts". Try to get some HRC goodies for Honda. It requires lot of $$$ and usually they don´t even work so well without extensive modifications to engine etc...

Reliability is one matter to think too. I had a Honda CBR929RR before this 1000RR. I drove 60.000kms (=38.ooomiles) with it with 0 problems. One of the rear light bulps broke after 40.000kms. 929 was totally bulletproof.
Has anybody seen a really high mileage MV´s?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts