MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't have my manual with me (work) but I need to get about 15 miles to a gas station. My reserve light just came on about 5 miles ago. There may be a little traffic but I think I can make it, right?

Also, what range have you guys been getting on the streets (city/highway) on an F41000?

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
falcopilot said:
On my new F4 1000 I'm getting about 32+ mpg.
Thank you. If the 1000's reserve tank is the same as the 750s, it's 4 liter which is about 1 gallon. That's a 15 mile margin of error. :errr:

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
awiner said:
Once the light comes on I usually can get another 30 miles no problem.
I would concur with that. 30 miles, :) perhaps a touch more if you are careful with the throttle.

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you. I this is the gas I got from purchase. I hit only 90 miles. I wasn't expecting it to come on until around 110 or so.

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
When I was running the bike in I used to see about 145miles before the light came on, RG3 Power commander and a heavy right hand reduce that to between 110-125 miles these days, a few times the light has come on miles from anywhere and taking it easy the bike has covered 35 miles, thats with keeping the throttle light and about 65-70mph

·
Registered
358 Posts
I forgot to mention, my reserve light comes on around 120 miles or a bit more. I think reserve is just over 1 gallon according to the owner's manual. This is riding 80 mph or so on back country roads with lots of curves, not straight-line (gasp!) freeway cruising.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
maybe it's my bike, but one time i got the reserve light after 152 miles (243 km)! so there was still 1 gal of gas in that tank. that's 38 miles/gal.

it was almost all freeway riding, but i was going at a good clip (70-80mph).

i was stunned that a bike that makes >145hp would give me 38 mpg.

too bad it's so uncomfortable for me to ride that long. crazy machine could be a long distance cruiser. let's see you try that with a big v-twin duc!

alex

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
Just a little addition to this subject, Buells have a feature which brings on a low fuel light the same as the MV, the tripmeter then switches to record the mileage covered from the moment the low fuel light comes on. I found this to be very useful, perhaps something that could be adopted on future MV's? :)

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
style_one said:
so allan... did you make it???? :D
No, I filled up at a gas station near my work. :) I was hoping to make it to a Cheveron that I usually use but 76 is probably just as good.

Also, I didn't want to limit my throttle usage on the 110 freeway from Pasadena to Downtown. :naughty:

·
Registered
420 Posts
Allan Gibbs said:
Thank you. I this is the gas I got from purchase. I hit only 90 miles. I wasn't expecting it to come on until around 110 or so.

Thats what I got with less than 600 miles on the odo when I got my bike. Then again I may not have topped it off correctly the first few times.

·
Registered
756 Posts
spalding12 said:
i'll still never understand the horrible gas mileage
how is it that the BMW K1200S...
- 130 pounds heavier
- approximately the same horsepower

get's 42 mpg?

can someone PLEASE explain that to me?
I don't think I get close to 42 mpg on the K12S. You can practically see the gas gauge drop...but not as bad as the MV's. I would guess about 30mpg on the BMW, 25mpg for the MV's :conveyer:

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Low speed canyon riding to work (35/40mph and 3 to 5K rpms), I see about 100/105 miles till the light comes on but I only have 350 miles on the odometer.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts