MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have a service manual for the new R? I've seen the older ones but would like to have the model specific manual if possible.
TIA
Rob

·
Registered
205 Posts
I've ordered a set at $60 each (Workshop manual and Engine workshop manual). I currently have the S version of these manuals and I think they are well written with clear photos in the descriptions. The manuals I ordered are supposed to be for the 1000R, but I'll believe it when I see it. When I tried to order from Ferracci, I was told the manuals are not available. I called Pro Italia in CA and they said they could get them. I stressed that I wanted the manuals for the 1000R, not the 1000S. They said no problem and I placed the order.

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
The 1000R updates for the workshop chassis/engine manuals are only addendums. They describe the new process for TPS, CO adjustment, VDSTS updates and some torques and suspension settings.

There is a newer "1000R" manual kit but they are more like owners manuals with a lot of legalese than they are workshop procedures.

·
Registered
205 Posts
JamesC said:
The 1000R updates for the workshop chassis/engine manuals are only addendums. They describe the new process for TPS, CO adjustment, VDSTS updates and some torques and suspension settings.

There is a newer "1000R" manual kit but they are more like owners manuals with a lot of legalese than they are workshop procedures.
Do you have to order these addendums separate from the manuals themselves?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi there, I'm new to the forum thing so hope I get it right...

This thread seems cover what I am looking for but I can't find where I can get the document. I'm looking for the engine manual for my 2007 F4 1000R (loads of downloads for the S), according to the chassis workshop manual (and parts list) the number I need is 8000A3315. Does anyone know where I can get a copy?

Thanks in advance

Paul

·
Super Moderator
22,070 Posts
Oi

I downloaded from here
http://my.agusta.us/
then took a copy on a memory card or disc to the local Office equipment shop and they printed and binded it up for $40.

·
Super Moderator
22,085 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi All,

Thanks for the quick replies, I have downloaded every file from the site but none of them are the engine manual for the 1000R, there is the engine manual for the 1000S or the workshop manual for the 1000R but according to the MV literature there is a specific engine manual for the 1000R. The part number quoted is 8000A3315 which it should say on the back page, this is the only one I can't find.

Cheers again

Paul

·
Super Moderator
22,070 Posts
+10 Paul

Hi All,

Thanks for the quick replies, I have downloaded every file from the site but none of them are the engine manual for the 1000R, there is the engine manual for the 1000S or the workshop manual for the 1000R but according to the MV literature there is a specific engine manual for the 1000R. The part number quoted is 8000A3315 which it should say on the back page, this is the only one I can't find.

Cheers again

Paul
I have been down this road before and have been un-able to get hold of a 1000R engine manual. Now as I have found out most things are the same between the bike's, is there anything spesific you are looking for that we can help with maybe ? I can give you a link to the parts manual for the 1000R engine and that helped me figure some things out too.
http://www.ducatiperformance.com/mv_agusta_oem_parts.php

·
Super Moderator
22,070 Posts

·
Registered
14,409 Posts
manuals

Paul;
having dealt with motors for most of my life......
you will find that the Italians assume or at least used to, that you are a mechanic......

the overhaul manual for my '62 Abarth race car is 38 pages, 15.5 cm X 22 cm... 2nd page;

"Preface
The notes that follow will enable a mechanic to overhaul an Abarth 750 Dual camshaft engine.
Instructions for dismantling and reassembling which are considered to be already known by the average engineer have been omitted. Only in the last pages are there some explanations of special procedures arising from the particular design of the engine......"

my motor is a 1000, the manual is for a 750, there is no 1000 manual....

do i worry about it? ..... nope

:f4:
:popcorn:

·
Registered
14,409 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thanks again both,

There is nothing specific I need from the engine manual at the moment, I just wanted to read it to understand everything about it. I'm an engineer and am cursed with a need to read :) I have downloaded and read the workshop manual (which is superb), I'll do the same with the parts manual now you've given me the R version.

I'll put my bike in the gallery soon, I've bought a 2007 with 120 miles on it so it's pretty much new (ex. showroom display model).

Motorcycle art - oh yes, I could just sit and look at it (which I have to most of the time with the British weather....)

Thanks again

Paul

1 - 20 of 23 Posts