MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my 750 F4 out today for the 1st time this year, fitted the new battery & put fresh fuel in but it wouldn't start. You could hear the fuel pump work when turning it on so I guessed that was also OK. It turned over fine but just wouldn't fire up at all. After checking the obvious side stand switch, engine on/off switch, clutch micro switch & neutral switch I thought it could be related to the alarm/immobiliser fitted but discounted that also after a while.

It was then time to get a bit more involved so I removed the side fairings, seat unit, tank & air box. I then pulled one of the plug leads off & put a nother plug on it then hit the started button whilst holding the plug against the frame - No spark, so I knew it was electrical rather than fuel supply.

I then turned my attention to all the wiring connections carefully separating them all one by one including the ECU, ensuring the contacts were clean then re-connecting. I then pressed the started again & this time there was a spark so quickly popped the tank back & it fired up 1st time.

Obviously really pleased I've fixed it but would like to have known which connector caused the problem & thought I would share so hopefully anyone else who has a similar problem can avoid a large bill!

·
Registered
5,795 Posts
Electrical problems are no fun, especially if it's an intermittent problem. It's great you got it running. Now, ride it down to the dealer and get a new F4. :)

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
mine did something similar other day. the previous day id been out riding and everything was fine till the next day.so there i am all trused up and ready to go press the starter and nothing!! it was turning over but not firing , i wasnt best pleased and stripped all my leathers helmet gloves off etc and started messing with switches and trying to fire it up , the battery is starting to go flat by this time so i juat pulled clutch in and pressed starter and it went!!!! never done it b4 or since, mystifies me!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts