MV Agusta Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi just had fuel tank and air box off to change spark plugs and air filter, put them back on and now bike won't start. Fuel doesn't appear to be getting to engine, I took one of the plugs out to check and it was dry plus no petrol smell out of exhaust even after turning engine over for ages. Bike is a F4 1000R 2007. Any suggestions would be very appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Is the fuel pump priming when your turn the ignition on? if not then check the connector. Also check inside the tank and check the hoses are in place and not split...you will see bubbles coming out if they are. Other possible cause is the fuel lines being pinched or kinked under the tank when you replaced it!

HTH

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes pump is priming, I turned the engine over with the fuel pipes disconnected from the fuel rail and nothing came out so the problem was in the tank so I took the pump assembly out of the tank and found the pipe from filter to pump had come off, how could that happen just by taking the tank off the bike? Any way might as well change the fuel filter while I am at it now. At least the problem is now solved.

·
Super Moderator
24,095 Posts
Pat, that is a common issue with the submersible hose in the fuel tank. That hose is a maintenance item and is to be replaced every three years. The hose simply becomes slimy after time and pops off.

The hose you need is Gates J30R10 spec submersible fuel line and it is sold in one foot, 10 foot and 25 foot lengths....at about $25.00 a foot. If you have difficulty finding it, I have a source for the hose here.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts