MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Just came across a killer deal on a set of the F4 Ago Mag wheels and I'm trying to figure out if theyll fit on my Brutale 800. Anyone have experience swapping the wheels?

·
Super Moderator
22,070 Posts
Hey guys,

Just came across a killer deal on a set of the F4 Ago Mag wheels and I'm trying to figure out if theyll fit on my Brutale 800. Anyone have experience swapping the wheels?
Ago did not have Magnesium wheels, they're forged Ally.
They will go on, but the F4 rear wheel is wider than your rear wheel 5.5" vs 6". It will still work.
You'll need spacers for the front axle to go on I imagine, they are cheap to buy though.

·
Super Moderator
22,070 Posts
Marchesini yes, but not Magnesium.

Thats lame, I thought I read that the f4 Ago had the mag marchesinis.
They are still beautiful and a great wheel man, I wish I had some.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
Wow, the Ago wheels are just 5,75" wide, what would be even better for the F3/B3 bikes I guess.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just looked up what the aluminum marchesinis cost brand new. I suppose 1400 is still way way better than 2500-3000

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What I find most interesting is the ago wheels want a 180/55. Any idea why they would downsize for a certain model?

·
Super Moderator
22,070 Posts
Just got a PM from another forum member, he's Ago has a 6" rear rim. You have to keep in mind that tyres have changed a lot over the years man. A 5.75" will run a 190 tyre without problems these days. We run 200 tyres on 6" rims without issues, a few years ago people would have frowned on that.

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Interesting, I understand that some Dragster owners are reporting odd handling problems with it’s 6 inch rear rim and 200 section tire. I recently met a Dragster owner while down south who had just changed the stock 200/50 rear to a 190/?? and said it made a big difference in the bike.
If the Ago rear wheel is truly 5.75 then I think that would be a very nice, unique swap for a B3. :mouthwate

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Has anyone had a chance to see an f4 ago? I'm trying to decide what the color of the wheels actually is. It looks like it has a touch of gold in it but not nearly as much as the tamburini wheels.

·
Registered
249 Posts
The F3 800 Ago comes with F4 forged alloy wheels and it runs a 190/55-17 rather than the standard 180/55-17 and if they fit on the F3 800 i can't see why they wouldn't fit on the 800 Brutale.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Different wheels from a different gen bike. The f4 ago wheels are marzocchi from the old f4.

·
Super Moderator
22,070 Posts
Has anyone had a chance to see an f4 ago? I'm trying to decide what the color of the wheels actually is. It looks like it has a touch of gold in it but not nearly as much as the tamburini wheels.
Yup, different colour, more "old gold" if you know what I mean. Look in the directory, heaps of pictures for comparison.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Donsy,

How would you relate them to the color of the f3 ago or serie oro gold? From what I can tell the f4 wheels are a little more silver than the f3 wheels.

·
Super Moderator
22,070 Posts
Hard to say Neal, you're asking me split hairs here, I've only ever seen AGO F4 and Tambo in real life, the F3 AGO gold looks more towards the F4 Tambo gold, but that's judging pictures. Sorry I cant be of more help, I better move on before Noel has something else to say about my post's.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I think the F3 Ago wheels look different as they aren't lacquered (absolute nightmare to keep clean) and are more of a satin/matt finish.

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
I think the F3 Ago wheels look different as they aren't lacquered (absolute nightmare to keep clean) and are more of a satin/matt finish.
Once You have them cleaned rub them the next time with a oil dampened cloth.
WD40 or Ballistol are springing to my mind.
Makes cleaning next time a charme.
But this is off topic, Sorry.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Interesting, I understand that some Dragster owners are reporting odd handling problems with it’s 6 inch rear rim and 200 section tire. I recently met a Dragster owner while down south who had just changed the stock 200/50 rear to a 190/?? and said it made a big difference in the bike.
If the Ago rear wheel is truly 5.75 then I think that would be a very nice, unique swap for a B3. :mouthwate
No real odd handling problems on my Dragster.
It's just like you have to work it a bit harder in cornering.

Although my next rear will be a 190, to give it a try !

1 - 20 of 20 Posts