MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok,

So I am toying with the idea of buying a stable mate for my 750 Brute....I am thinking a F4, Question is, is how do they compare? The reason I bought a Brute in the first place was that I wanted a bike that was easy enough to ride around and potter about, and at the same time I could enjoy it in the twisties.....I also wanted something that if someone was annoying me, I could blast off and leave them for dead....the Brute certainly does that!

I love it to bits and every time I convince myself to sell it as I don't ride it much any more, I take it for one more ride and fall back in love straight away! I now want something that is absolutely drop dead gorgeous, thats where the F4 fits in.

At the moment, I think the F4 would be the prettiest in my list but I don't know how I'd go touring on one, I like the BMW R1100S and my dad had one, I quite liked it and thought they were a good looking bike. I would like an S1000RR or RSV4 but again the touring goes out of the window if I got one of those...and I would rather have the exclusivity of the MV......

So how do the Brute and F4 compare? Would you get the 750, the 1000 or the 312? How chuckable are they?

Tim

·
Registered
7,777 Posts
F4 will not be good for cruising around town. You will love it in the twisties and leaving your friends in the dust.

·
Administrator
19,861 Posts
Touring on a F4 can be done, but not with pleasure.

I ride my Brutale on the road because I find it comfortable, but my F4 on the track, because that's what it's meant for.
Some guys trailer their F4 to the twisty roads....I don't have that luxury and the 180 mile round trip freeway slog to get there would be misery on the F4....

That said, there are some guys on here that have no qualms about touring on their F4s.....my aging body just can't take it anymore.

Whatever you decide, the F4 would certainly be the better looking of the choices....IMHO

·
Registered
13,695 Posts
I agree with Ed. I don't think you'd be happy touring on an F4. The Brutale is the closest bike you own for that. I would get the RZv4 myself and keep the Brutale. Or Get a touring bike that you can ride around town and get an F4.

·
Super Moderator
22,357 Posts
And I can counter Ed and Carl here. I've done 500 mile days on my F4312R and enjoyed every minute of it. Coretech makes luggage that fits and doesn't mar. Th eboys can attest to the fact that I am an old, out of shape, broken (orthopaedically) man, yet I love my F4. The other bikes I have to choose from include a 1090RR Brutale, an S4Rs Monster and a HD CVO Ultra CLassic Electraglide.

·
Registered
9,955 Posts
I don't profess to be a great judge on this but I've done some 200 mile Rides on the F4 1000 312 and I have ridden my friends Brutale 1090 ( or something like that)

For me the Brutale is far more agile on the twisties. By that I mean sharp bends like the Stelvio pass for instance.

It is just insane fun . It has a riding position that lends it's self to being able to get off without a crane at the ride's end.

However having said all that, I have dreams of getting my F4 over to Spain and spending a day on the fast sweepers over there...Bliss, pure bliss !

Joe

·
Super Moderator
22,357 Posts
...the Brutale does have excellent twisty capapbility!

·
Registered
619 Posts
I have done two long trips on my F4. 1400 miles last fall, and 1300 miles year before that.
Expandable tank bag and backpack, good for a week! Including 100 miles in the rain!
My F4 has Ferracci bars and a Throttlemeister, both are a plus.
I am 57, lower back arthritis, fouled up atlas bone placement (a true pain in the neck!).
The key I found is core strength, moderate weight work outs, good cardio (bicycle riding, swimming).
My Harley is more comfortable on the highway, but man O man, the F4 in the twisties :):):).
I have a Honda XL500 too, ride to the trails!
Mostly personal choice.

Ed S :)

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
Don't sully your Man Card by buying no steeenkin F4. :stickpoke

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
I ride my Brutale on the road because I find it comfortable, but my F4 on the track, because that's what it's meant for.
Some guys trailer their F4 to the twisty roads....I don't have that luxury and the 180 mile round trip freeway slog to get there would be misery on the F4....
Im about there Ed. I love riding the F4 in the mountains but I have to save soo much for the ride back. Putting an inflatable camp pillow in the tank bag and laying on it helps but that ride back gets pretty tedious.

I overtake the guys I ride with, with their bikes on the trailer, comfortable cruising back listening to music in their air-conditioned cars/trucks.

I need to shift Jennifer's scooter and I am getting a fold-up trailer.

I agree with Ed. I don't think you'd be happy touring on an F4. The Brutale is the closest bike you own for that. I would get the RZv4 myself and keep the Brutale. Or Get a touring bike that you can ride around town and get an F4.
Concur. Instead of trying to have one bike to do both well get two bikes to do both great. Plus then you have two bikes!

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I did feel a little Gay when I can into the F4 Forum.....like the aircon as you walk into a shopping centre, just washed over me.....

I thnk I might give the F4 a miss as I think I will lean more toward a tourer....thinking Ducati ST3......:naughty:

·
Registered
5,924 Posts
Oh Geez, here we go with the F4 is not a mans bike.

I've only done about 700 miles on a trip with the F4 and I hope you have a padded butt if you plan to tour.

I did a 1400 mile trip on the Brutale and it was okay.

However if I am going to tour again it will be on the BMW 1600 GT

·
Registered
17,189 Posts

·
Registered
9,955 Posts
I did feel a little Gay when I can into the F4 Forum.....like the aircon as you walk into a shopping centre, just washed over me.....

I thnk I might give the F4 a miss as I think I will lean more toward a tourer....thinking Ducati ST3......:naughty:

Well, I hope the "little Gay" enjoyed it :naughty:

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well, I hope the "little Gay" enjoyed it :naughty:
Oh but I did, I did! hahahaha

I still think the F4 would have to be the best looking motorcycle you could buy.....Just the need for touring and having a pillion on board I think something a little more comfortable would be best.

Thanks for all of the helpful feedback I got on this, hopefully one day I can own a :f4:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts