MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I'm looking for the gear and brake (left and right) toe pedal part of the footrests (part 17&18 in the image) but in a slightly longer form. I can't find anything aftermarket that would work. The standard ones are just a bit stubby, it's manageable, but for road riding, I'd like something slightly longer for ease of use.

Does anyone have any suggestions please?

Many thanks in advance

Dan

LEFT-FOOTREST-MV diagram.png

·
Premium Member
2,659 Posts
Like this? No idea where I got it from or who makes it but you can have them. Just pay for shipping.

Attachments

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Like this? No idea where I got it from or who makes it but you can have them. Just pay for shipping.
Art, you're a true gent, thanks for this, part just been delivered. It is heavy snow here today, but I expect i'll go out to the garage and fit them later. Just waiting on the arrival of my water pump seals before i disappear out there.

Thanks again for your kind offer and being a true gent! Will post a pic when fitted...;)

·
Premium Member
2,659 Posts
My pleasure, Dan. I'd personally install some grippier footpegs, like these or these. The stock ones have zero traction when wet.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My pleasure, Dan. I'd personally install some grippier footpegs, like these or these. The stock ones have zero traction when wet.
Mate, on these UK roads, I will be avoiding the wet wherever possible as it eats the bike!! :( Especially in winter with all the salt etc. I wipe down n re-polish the bike after every ride, bit anal I know, but I'm in love! ;)

The riding position I adopt with my boots is ideal as the "heal" (what little of it there is) hooks nicely on the rear set and I pivot my foot around the rear set to brake n change gear. The standard rests on it do still have a texture, so it's manageable for me. But I do appreciate the suggestion Art, thank you. Looking forward to getting the replacement chain and sprocket kit delivered and I'll get out n test these toe pegs out once I've installed it!

Thanks again for your help and generosity Art! Much obliged. (y)

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nothing 'anal' about that!

Or do we just share the same DNA?:eek:(y)
I completely agree,MV's deserve the best and I'd hate to think of her getting and staying dirty or causing corrosion from not taking the proper care! I've always kept my car(s) and bikes clean, bikes especially as it doesn't take long if it's done regularly! Look after your stuff and it will look after you (spiritually and financially PMSL). I swear stuff with wheels goes faster when it's clean anyway!!! Less weight to carry if nothing else ;) :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts