MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm considering making the switch from my 2000 F4 to a Brutale. Saddle time has become more and more about getting from point A to B and less about a Saturday morning alone on the mountain roads or track days. And as much as I love my F4, it's become more of a status symbol that hardly gets ridden. I need something more for everyday riding but still capable on the weekends, something a little less committed and 100% racey all the time. I'm finding myself surprisingly emotional about the swap though. My daughter's boyfriend just picked up a new Speed Triple and it's started this line of thinking. But I want to stay in the MV family.

Anyone else make this transition? Would like to just own both, but my wife frowns when i mention that...

:f4: :brutale:

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
I had my F4 for only 8 days (it was written off after a driver illegally performed a u-turn in front of me). It was an incredible ride from 80km/h +, but below 80km/h it was more difficult to ride (cornering, stability, keeping the power down..). I used to hate riding the bike when School Zones were in operation (and the speed limit was 40km/h).

Now I have a 1090RR. It's like a BMX bike with a V8 turbo ! The handling is a lot easier (when cornering, you had to bring the tail around on the F4..but with a Brutale, the tail of the bike is already ahead of you...(so to speak).

From 10km/h to 110km/h (the max. legal speed limit in Australia), the Brutale handles like a dream...

I love both bikes, but I really like the fact that I can sit for hours looking at the 'mechanical' components of my Brutale (whereas the F4 was covered by the fairings).

The seating position on the Brutale is far more comfortable than the F4, with little or no back, neck or wrist pain after long trips (8hrs+).

The F4 really feels great when you are travelling at higher speeds, but the Brutale wind factor is 'uncomfortable' at higher speeds (not going to say publicly at what speeds..:naughty:)

Hope this helps, if you require any more info, let me know...

Attachments

·
Registered
118 Posts
Both, the F4 is too beautiful to give up:naughty:

Little bit the same storie over here.

Exactly why I bought the B375. But I'm also having a lot of difficulties to let the Daytona triple go. Solution : I keep both ... :)

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Seriously ? - did someone mess with a Veltro and put a Brutale front end on it?

...why on earth would you do that to a Veltro ???

·
Registered
814 Posts
I just threw up a little seeing that picture. Explain to the missus just how important that F4 is to you, then get both. A brutale looks great, but nothing looks as dead sexy as the F4!

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I hear the arguments for owning both, no doubt. Not a financial possibility today, though perhaps in the future. I'm definitely not willing to put Brutale bars on my F4.

I was just curious about the riding experiences from those who've owned both- if the Brutale's not such a giant leap of comfort and riding commitment from the F4 then it's a moot point.

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
If your marriage can stand the additional attention you will get from dozens of attractive women, buy the Brutie.

·
Registered
332 Posts
I would keep the F4 and get sth else for commuting and why not cheaper. Maybe a Japanese bike like a Z750 kawa or a honda CB. Every time you switch to the F4 you ll feel reborn and make you love it more as a special bike that it is. It may go well with yr other half as well. If not you most probably will miss the F4 over the B4

·
Registered
14,225 Posts
?

Ahhgooosta;
take your wife for a ride on a Brutale......hopefully your F4 is a MonoPosto......:stickpoke

then she will understand......and love it too

i will always have an F4, Brutale and my RSVR Aprilia......my BMW R1150 is for hauling stuff around......No car:naughty::naughty:

no wife, no kids, no exes :drummer::drummer::drummer::drummer::drummer:

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Ahhgooosta;
take your wife for a ride on a Brutale......hopefully your F4 is a MonoPosto......:stickpoke

then she will understand......and love it too

i will always have an F4, Brutale and my RSVR Aprilia......my BMW R1150 is for hauling stuff around......No car:naughty::naughty:

no wife, no kids, no exes :drummer::drummer::drummer::drummer::drummer:
exactly my man....

....when I women asks me why I have more than one motorbike ? I simply ask her why she requires

a) more than one pair of shoes
b) more than one handbag
c) more than one pair of sunglasses
d) more that one.....

...well you get the idea

Now there is definitely a Plan-B (unlike Noel I have a wife ...and she rides).....:thewife:

...I think it's about time my darling you learnt how to ride, got a great idea of a good bike for you to ride :yo::yo::yo:

·
Registered
41 Posts
My girlfriend has the F4 and I just picked up a Brutale the other week for a sweet deal! I loved her bike, and I currently had a 04 Ducati 749. I loved the clakkking so much I could never give up the Ducati! Everytime I switch bikes between the brutale, f4, and 749 its gives me that feeling like you just got a new bike!

KEEP BOTH! YOU WONT REGRET GETTING THE BRUTALE TRUST ME! ITS GOT SIMILAR THRILL TO THE F4 BUT ALL THE COMFORT OF A CRUISER!!

Maybe reason with the wife and give up certain things per month to make the bike payment!

My reason for getting Brutale:

I was already in the market for a sport cruiser, the Ducati 749 puts too much pressure on the wrists and as much as I liked riding sport bikes, after a while, the pain just got to a point where it wasn't much fun riding anymore. The Ducati Multistrada was too big, the Ducati Daivel was too expensive. Found a rare, spontaneous, unbelievable deal on the 06 Brutale with 342 miles on it!! Jumped on it and am now a proud owner. The brutale blows the 749 out of the water with power, but I like to have both styles. It is a nice luxury to have so I took advantage of it!

·
Registered
617 Posts
Having come from the F4 and eventually moving on to a Brutale, I can hopefully give some perspective on it.

Personally, I would try to keep the F4 and get something Japanese for the longer rides that is far less costly to own. IF the goal is really to put many more miles on the replacement bike and to be more comfortable, I agree that the best choice is holding on to the F4 and finding a low-cost solution for the longer rides while maintaining the bike you love.

Now, for me that wasn't a financial option either, so after moving on to the Brutale I would say there is a substantial difference when riding the two bikes as many would already have noted. The F4 was basically a torture device for me being extremely stiff, committed and begging to be ridden harder and harder while always remaining poised and stunningly beautiful.

It is so much easier to ride the Brutale given its upright position and ergonomics. Don't get me wrong, the F4 will always be the ultimate example of MV for me, but the Brutale I would just hop on even to go to the store for a minute. The F4 was basically one of many bikes in the garage that made me walk out there just to look at it and always was the one I grabbed the keys to when going on a spirited twisty ride. The Brutale keeps me much more upright and is just as much fun but in an entirely different way.

For me, the best way to describe it would be as the F4 made me want to hold a tighter line and get a knee down at every opportunity, the Brutale inspires me to feel like a goofball with a super light and responsive everyday bike.

Just my perspective, but now that I'm getting a bit older and more brittle, the Brutale works for me in a different way that probably more realistically fits me better even though the F4 will always be the top of the heap in my eyes. And as long as you still get that sound and feel of the MV, you will still feel very much attached to all the attributes of the brand since there's nothing else that feels like an MV in the world when riding it.

Hope that gives another perspective from someone who also had to choose between the two. Keep us posted.

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
@blavenia, that's a really good perspective.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts