MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys. I've got a 2004 F4s 750 and am thinking of trading it in for a new F3. Has anyone traded their F4 750 for an F3 and if so how would you compare the bikes - pluses and minuses.

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
Greg's a wise man indeed, sorry I let you down this weekend mate, I just had too much on my plate.
As far as the 750 to 675 goes, I would try and keep both, simply because they are so fastly different, and they are both awesome. If your 750 is getting long in the tooth, get the F3, otherwise..........

·
Registered
375 Posts
If you try the F3 , you will feel the 10 years evolution: shorter, lower, lighter,easier...but allways a beauty MV
cheers

·
Premium Member
2,915 Posts
I apologize if this is considered hijacking but as this is related, would anyone who has wrenched both bikes be able to comment on the fit and finish, weld/stamping quality, etc... between the two?

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Keep the F4750, last year of the 750's, trust me, you won't regret it.

·
Banned
1,512 Posts
Keep the F4. The F3 is a super new model not without a ton of faults already. Let the other people figure out the gotcha's first. If you really want an F3 go have a good close look at one. Bring your F4 with you and compare fit and finish. Old and new. Would certainly be an interesting comparison.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Rick, I think the only sensible thing here is to have both bikes.:highclap:
Not really an option. Too many toys already !

If you try the F3 , you will feel the 10 years evolution: shorter, lower, lighter,easier...but allways a beauty MV
cheers
Lower, lighter, easier is really appealing.

Keep the F4. The F3 is a super new model not without a ton of faults already. Let the other people figure out the gotcha's first. If you really want an F3 go have a good close look at one. Bring your F4 with you and compare fit and finish. Old and new. Would certainly be an interesting comparison.
There aren't too many F3 demonstrators around but I'll try and find one not too far away. I'll be going on my F4 coz will need to get a trade in price. I've sat on a few F3's and the build quality looks on a par to the F4 (apart from the cast yoke rather than the machined one on my F4).

I've heard a few reports of teething problems with the F3. The F4 hasn't been without its issues though. I had a rear wheel bearing collapse at about 4,000 miles which in turn knackered the hub - apparently a common problem.

ps thanks for the other replies also.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts