MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently picked up a dual rail Kendon Trailer for taking my MV F4 1000, Single Seater, to the track.

I used a set of canyon dancer to strap the handle bars to the trailer and from the rear, hooked some straps to the seat subframe.

In doing this, I noticed, the handle bar grips were messed up by the time I got to the track. As for the rear, my straps caused 'burn' marks on my black sato rear sets.

So the next time I decide to trailer the MV F4, I've got to figure out better places to tie this bike down.

Are there alternative tie down points for the front and rear of an MV F4 Single seater?

·
Registered
8,920 Posts
I don't know about the rear ( I used the passenger pegs), but for using the canyon dancer I just safety wired the end of the grips so they don't slide in. I know there is also a product out there which grabs the rear wheel by the tire, so you don't have to attach anything to the bike itself, I'll see if I can find it.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Make sure to pay special attention to the front tire chock on the Kendon as well. Many times the clearance is tight between the chock and the lower belly fairing which causes the chock to dig into the fairing causing damage. You can remove the chock and reverse it. This will give you the necessary clearance in most cases since on the Kendon the chock is shorter in one direction.

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
I've towed the bike well over 50 times, maybe more than 100..no idea. I've always used canyon dancers. Air tank gets the grips back inline. Watch your flasher switch on the left as the housing sometimes turns when the grip creeps and the clutch lever damages the switch.

Strapless stands are a local company that I've heard are good but it would take some work to mount it on a kendon - though looking at it I believe you could still fold for storage. No problem for strapless on our bigger trailer but I still haven't bothered.

Some of the guys have reported that they have an MV fitment:
http://www.ststands.com/main.cfm

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
You could try a couple soft straps around the lower tripple. And then hook an Ancra sinch strap to those. Depends on the width of your mounting points on the trailer. You want to watch that it doesn't rub on the fender.

In the big trailer I also use a Baxley type chock and a rear stand.

You could also try a couple soft straps around the rear subframe.

The product is by Ancra and it's called soft hook. It's a 12 or 18" strap with eyes on each end you and use to sinch around parts and then hook on to.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Any type of straps have given me troubles.

A couple of years ago I got the strapless system. Rear wheel only....the bike does not move an inch. This is the shit!!
These guys are out of Dallas Texas. Aboout $250.00 Expensive but worth it. I love them.

Jon

Attachments

·
Registered
8,920 Posts
ARCHILLE said:
Nice try with the safety wire on the grip. :) It didn't work for my race bikes. What a PIA to set every straight again at the track. I switched from canyon dancer to cycle cynch. Much better, not perfect, but much better.
Yeah, mine have been okay, but I'm buying a Baxley chock anyway, so that I can load/unload the bike by myself for when I have to take it in for service.

·
Registered
339 Posts
fazer6 said:
Yeah, mine have been okay, but I'm buying a Baxley chock anyway, so that I can load/unload the bike by myself for when I have to take it in for service.
The Baxley Sport chock is awesome, both for transporting the bike as well as having at the track. No longer need any help trying to put the bike on the rear stand.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts