·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So, it's fake ?

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
The photos of the Tamburini are the same ones on the auction that has just closed in the UK. Didn't know I lived only 25 miles from China! You learn something new every day!! :p

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
The bait has been cast. :)

I have be doing a bit of research on ebay China for business recently and have come across many of these fake auctions.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
There was a cheap senna on e-bay a couple months ago. The guy posted it was in MN or something. I e-mailed him and told him I'd come pick it up. He then said it was a typo and it was in the UK. Was I interested? :blah:

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
I will notify ebay that some tw** is scamming their system, but not straight away as I think Rockethouse is going to wind him up first. We all know its a scam, but I hope some poor innocent bugger doesn't send any money to these fraudsters. :mad:

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
I received this reply from my first email enquiry....

HI!
I can chase the nation that the item delivers you.The postage is a RMB1500.
Thanks

Thats about AU$250 for postage....I was going to play cat and mouse with them but have lost interest...though it can be fun to make them sqirm when they think they have you.

I did receive a speedy reply from my first email enquiry....

HI!
I can chase the nation that the item delivers you.The postage is a RMB1500.
Thanks

though I'm curious to see where he says the bike is...Cheers John :) good on you but I'll save you the time and file a report as soon as I post this.

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Ok it's been reported. :finger:

John I take it you contacted the original ebay poster to find out the bike was only 25miles from where you live?

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
No. I haven't been in touch with the guy, but I recall the locale being York, England which is (you've guessed it!) 25 miles from me. Never seen a Tambo out on the roads last summer around here, but then again I think it only had 37 miles on the clock or something like that. :) Many thanks to Olive for flagging it up in the first place. :) Hey, on a different tack, that current bun is out here again, honest! Just in time for my holidays.! :) :)

·
Registered
6,448 Posts

·
Registered
645 Posts
Yep, this happens all the time. They either ask you to pay via western union or send you an "official" looking ebay email and direct you to pay a 3rd party. I have had several of my muscle car listings hijacked by these idiots, they steal my pics and my description and try to sell a 60k 1963 Fuelie vette for 5k with another ebay account. They get the accounts with positive feedback by sending out "official" looking ebay emails that state that "ebay needs to update your user name and password." Dont get scammed, if it looks too good to be true, it is! :mad:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts