MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, ive just replaced the battery on my 05 f4 now when i turn the ignition on all i get is headlight and the thermo fan is now coming on, no dash lights at all! Any ideas? Im new to forum

·
Registered
814 Posts
Possibly caused a short somewhere. Firstly, check that the battery is the correct away around (really check it, lots of competent people have gotten it the wrong way around.

Then check fuses, all of em, should be to the right, below the gas tank after you remove the side panels.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Hey Muffman, my 2010 F4 did the same thing, I was out of town and wifey inadvertently turned off the power to the trickle charger on the OEM Koyo battery.
Killed it.
When my new Shorai LFX showed-up, all I got was Fans and a "Can-Line Fault" warning on the Dash.
I was Shitting Bricks.
I removed the ECU, and then just re-installed it, and apparently, it reset?
Problem went away, and never happened again.

·
Registered
814 Posts
The pre 09's didn't have a can-bus setup as far as I'm aware, but certainly worth a spin.

Try re-connecting the battery and also giving it a charge (may be new, but was it charged up?)

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
Welcome to the forum mate

Check battery connection, remember the battery lies on it's side, with the (+, Red) towards the rear of the bike.
If you did that right from the start, then put a charger on the battery, and like the guys said, check the fuses on the bike both left and right side.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys im pretty sure ive hooked the battery up the wrong way round! Didnt realise it lies on its side, should have taken more notice of it when i took it out, hope i havnt done any damage! Will swap it round when i get home.

·
Registered
814 Posts
Check your fuses once you have it sorted mate. If it is the wrong way around and has charge then it's a pretty good chance that you've blown some, no biggie however :)

Let us know how you go

·
Registered
13,695 Posts
If your lucky, you just blew the fuse. If you are unlucky, you fried the diode. Either way it is an easy and not expensive fix.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just got home put the battery on its side, hooked it up and bike started with. No probs at all! I feel like a goose for hooking it up backwards but am thankfull nothing was damaged and really appreciate the info all of you gave me! This is my first italian bike and im loving it!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts