MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

I'm trying to buy my first MV (deposit paid) but seller (a dealer) is trying to resolve a tech issue first.

The story goes that the bike stalls when warm and that it needs to be have the TPS set-up to correct the issue.
I know the bike starts and runs beautifully so no real worries on that part.

Question is though, is this a previously known problem for the 1st gen F4 1000 312R with the TPS set-up being the correct fix or is there potentially something else going on?
I've no reason to not trust the dealer as they've been very straight with me from the beginning ... although the process has been going on for some time.
Latest from them is that, although they've got the necessary MV tech system to set the TPS, they're going to ship the bike to a major MV dealership to complete the necessary software process.

Should I be worried?

The bike's a 2008 F4 1000 312R ..... dream machine for me :mouthwate

All advice greatfully received.

·
Super Moderator
22,357 Posts
My 2007 F4 312R has been very reliable. I have only needed minor maintenance and I've done some cosmetic upgrades.

A stumble can be cleared via resetting the TPS.

Let the dealer have their whack at it.

Just out of curiosity, where is it going to be serviced?

·
Super Moderator
22,357 Posts
I've never understood the Dealer Secrecy Act.

·
Vendor
5,337 Posts
Also try fitting a set of Iridium spark plugs.
Fixed my stalling issues.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've never understood the Dealer Secrecy Act.
I'm not trying to be secretive about the dealer being used or the dealer supplying the bike.
Just don't want to shame anyone unnecessarily, particularly when I don't have the technical knowledge and experience of the MV massive.
Once resolved I may well end up being very positive about both.

At the moment it's all about understanding how to resolve a problem using the experience of other forum members and whether the process being followed is the correct one.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Also try fitting a set of Iridium spark plugs.
Fixed my stalling issues.
Thanks mitchy, I'll suggest this to dealership supplying the bike.
They've already said that they owe me a few things due to the problems / delays encountered so far.
Can only help in the long term of ownership.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Problem located!!

Following a bit of investigation on the TEXA system it seems that the O2 sensor has failed in some way.
New part ordered so hopefully I'll get my new toy soon.

Hopefully next post will start with "Problem solved !!"

·
Registered
661 Posts
Nice to have a dealer who cares to get it right rather than sticking you with a machine that doesn't work safely when warm, especially if you paid full for it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts