MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just went to MMI yesterday and ran my SPR on their dyno, and the instructor told me that my dyno curves looked messed up. The hp looked ok but the torque looked a lot like the hp curve, starting low and not really pulling any real torque/hp until about 11000 rpm. Has anybody else ran theirs on a dyno, and if so, is the curve similar? I have done some looking around for a few hours, but have been unable to find a printout of another SPR dyno run.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
He used to customize bikes before he started teaching at MMI, he did a dyno on the agusta he had built a year or so ago. As far as specifically if he is comparing it to that particular bike, I do not know, but he is the instructor of the dyno class.

I will try to get a copy of the dyno.

He suggested changing the gearing to lower the power band but that is all he mentioned.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Pohi said:
I just went to MMI yesterday and ran my SPR on their dyno, and the instructor told me that my dyno curves looked messed up. The hp looked ok but the torque looked a lot like the hp curve, starting low and not really pulling any real torque/hp until about 11000 rpm. Has anybody else ran theirs on a dyno, and if so, is the curve similar? I have done some looking around for a few hours, but have been unable to find a printout of another SPR dyno run.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.
that does not make any sense to me.

HP = (torque X RPM) / 5252

so, if the HP looks right (going up as the RPMs climb), then the torque should be flatish. if both the torque and the RPM were going up, then the HP curve would be REALLY steep.

need to see that chart before much more can be determined.

alex

·
Registered
3,419 Posts
UA_Agusta said:
Change gearing? That wouldn't affect the power of the bike!

Need to see the graph!
Does not make difference in Torque or power, only when and at what speed it will deliver.
This is a power curve of standard SPR and one with a big bore, unfortunately no torque curve!

according specs max torque is at 11000!!

Potenza max. a giri/min (all’albero) 107,3 Kw (146 CV) 13000 - Lim.13900 giri/1’ con RG3 + Eprom
Coppia massima giri/min 8,2 Kgm a 11000 giri/1’

others in this PDF pdf

·
Registered
360 Posts
Didn't even know there was a big bore kit for the SPR. Anyone tried it or using it? Whats it feel like?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts