MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi , I am in need of help , no MV dealer here in Darwin and my F4 is experiencing engine performance issues , wont rev , hard to start , stalls easily. Fuel filter replaced , injectors tested , fuel lines replaced , spark plugs checked / cleaned air filter replaced . Bike struggles to reach 100 kmh ... Any ideas out there on what I could try next ?? Has anyone ever checked fuel pressure on one of these bikes ? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks .. Greg

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
Hi , I am in need of help , no MV dealer here in Darwin and my F4 is experiencing engine performance issues , wont rev , hard to start , stalls easily. Fuel filter replaced , injectors tested , fuel lines replaced , spark plugs checked / cleaned air filter replaced . Bike struggles to reach 100 kmh ... Any ideas out there on what I could try next ?? Has anyone ever checked fuel pressure on one of these bikes ? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks .. Greg

Hey bud worth checking ypur ECU. How long have you hsd it? I remember hdving to chsnge my ecu on my SPR not long ago it has 30k km

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Super Moderator
22,070 Posts
Hi Greg. The usual question mate, did you replace fuel fittings, are the opening properly ? Have you fiddled with your TPS ? Go through the motions and reset your TPS.

·
Administrator
19,553 Posts
Fuel line quick connects can restrict fuel supply if not proper type. New fuel lines? what connectors did you use??

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi , bike has basically sat in shed since I have had it , travelled only 1500 kms , but still may be the problem ..

·
Super Moderator
22,070 Posts
Wow, stood a long time, sounds like it had fuel in it also. Did you check the fuel pump strainer when you did fuel filter ? How did you get the injectors checked ? Replaced spark plugs ?

·
Registered
13,695 Posts
Those are the exact same symptoms I had with my SPR track bike.

I really, really, hope you don't have the same problem.

Based upon the amount of time the bike has sat, I'm guessing problem is in the fuel delivery system.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Cag , thanks for your post , if it sounds familiar symptoms , can you advise me what you found in the end to rectify it ? I have been right through the fuel system and nothing has changed. cheers

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
DONSY , thanks for your reply , Yes I had fuel in it , injectors were checked at one of the fuel injection shops here , and tested ok . Spark plugs cleaned up and checked , look fine.have cleaned the fuel system right out and ran an additive and new fuel but no improvement.

·
Super Moderator
22,070 Posts
Sounds good Greg, there's a strainer under the fuel pump which might be blocked. Did you fiddle with the TPS at all ? (Throttle position sensor at the r/h side of your throttle bodies).
When the bike runs, does all 4 cylinders fire ?
Sorry about all the questions, it's a bit hard to do this on-line.

·
Registered
13,695 Posts
Bent valves, my friend. Not bent enough that you could tell by looking at them in the head either. If you want to explore this further give me a call. It was just the valves. The head was fine.

·
Super Moderator
22,070 Posts
Bent valves, my friend. Not bent enough that you could tell by looking at them in the head either. If you want to explore this further give me a call. It was just the valves. The head was fine.
Did you ever figure out how those valves got like that in the first place Carl ?

·
Registered
14,420 Posts
100kph SPR?

cut to the chase;

fuel restriction, disconnects, filter
fuel pressure, bad fuel pressure regulator, loose line in tank
measure engine cranking pressure.......Carl's problem, bent valves:jsm:

·
Registered
13,695 Posts
I guess it was over revved, Dons. I still have the head with the non bent valves still in it.

·
Registered
14,420 Posts
Did you ever figure out how those valves got like that in the first place Carl ?
cut to the chase;

Carl's problem, bent valves:jsm:
I guess it was over revved, Dons. I still have the head with the non bent valves still in it.
somebody missed a shift more than likely......or double down shifted......and scared the fuck out of themselves :jsm::jsm::jsm:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts