MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heads up if anyone sees any SPR parts pop up someplace, my F4 was stolen sometime last night. It has a red marzocchi SBK shock on it that should be pretty rare and easy to spot (has a blue hypercoil spring on it instead of the standard pearl white one) as well as some other ferraci racing parts like clips ons and the timing cover, silver sato rearsets, and RG3 slashcuts. I'm pretty pissed but at least I still have the brutale safe and sound.

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
So sorry Al. Keep us posted please.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Not another MV stolen, sorry to hear that.
It look like the old pre 2010 bikes are getting more valuable.

·
Administrator
19,486 Posts
Damn rare bike ... especially in the USA. Sorry to hear this. Wonder if they even know what they took???

Will keep my eyes open as I am looking on line for miscellaneous bits for my SPR all the time (I will put it back stock eventually)....If I see anything suspicious I will be sure to alert you.

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
That's a damn shame Al. Theft becomes one of the risks when a bike shares so many parts with so many model years. Hopefully Karma will be quick and brutal to the perps.

·
Super Moderator
22,038 Posts
Wow, Al, that is a shame. As others have said...I'll keep an eye out.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
RECOVERED!!!! just a few blocks away. My insurance agent went knocking on doors and driving down alleys and spotted it before calling the police. Since I wasn't there to have the bike released to me, it has to spend the weekend at the city impound unfortunately. I'm told the ignition was punched and it has some damage from being dropped but its all still in one piece. I'm not sure where to have it sent in this area for an estimate though. I really have to say my agent went above and beyond

·
Registered
5,577 Posts
Wow!! What an action!!

·
Super Moderator
22,038 Posts
Nice work by your insurance agent! How close are you to FBF?

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
FBF would be my first choice but its way out in Philly so that may not work for my insurance guy. I found a dealer called Speeds Cycle which is a bit more local who said they could deal with it for me.

·
Super Moderator
7,346 Posts
The arseholes dropped it?
I think that confirms that they didn't know what they had stolen.

May I suggest storing both bikes in a secure lockup for several months.
Congrats on the recovery.

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
Great news Al......this news makes me very happy.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts