MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 163 Posts

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
i just went up the shop to get it but flicked through but it wasnt in there, they did have an article on the new triple and the series oro though. i will wait til tommorrow though and buy it then, i will put a scanned image up for you all to read. :)

·
Registered
3,189 Posts
i just went up the shop to get it but flicked through but it wasnt in there, they did have an article on the new triple and the series oro though. i will wait til tommorrow though and buy it then, i will put a scanned image up for you all to read. :)
Nice :). I'm interested to read what makes that bike the best MV Agusta ever...

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
Nice :). I'm interested to read what makes that bike the best MV Agusta ever...
I get MCN every week, why? I still do I don't know, the test will follow std journo speel,in a nut shell,

The best MV ever with a real surge at the top end and sublime suspension, no figures i'm afraid but it feels like it will take on the ZX10R and BMW, but we'll have to wait for the proper road test and group test after that....................................

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
I have just read the F41000RR test, it gets a fairly good write up to be honest, I'll let some one else post the main points up

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
tried to upload the scans several times now but it keeps failing, tried all at once and one at a time but each time get a failure message. Will try again later but basically the tester really rates the bike, loves the suspension, smooth engine, smooth power delivery, pretty much everything EXCEPT its too heavy, has a flat spot at 10k and the traction control is a bit pants. He says that it may not be as quick as the BMW or ZX10 but that it doesnt matter - the sound and looks beat them all and this is the bike he would want. Its a very good write up all in all and makes me want one even more.....

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Just bought the mcn copy this morning, it,s a positive test :)
Only downside is the weight (thats old news):popcorn:

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
yes old news and also i think to do with the fact that the MV's have four big lovely pipes, the jap bikes don't, they just have a little stubby thing poking out the side, which saves weight for sure, but dont look anywhere near as good as our pipes :) and lets face it, do we REALLY care about the weight THAT much - if we did, we would all weigh about 11 stone and im pretty sure we dont!!

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
It's odd how a non MV owner reads the same article slightly different: Overall I thought it was a positive test but............

Positives:

It's still one of the most beautifull machines ever made,

Owning an MV is as much about pampering it as the actual riding and the F4 doesn't dissapoint,it's beautifully put together and the addition of the Ohlins is the virtual cherry on the cake.

The lack of low down oomph compared to the std F4 actually makes the bike safer,

It's still a phenominal machine and one I loved riding,

As well as the improved ride quality and throttle response,

Better still are the adjustable footrests,

You can now adjust the dash from the LH bar,

I'm a huge fan of slipper clutches and the MV's is superb,

The Brembo brakes are race grade, they offer fade free braking lap after lap.

The F4RR is stable all around the track and turns and changes direction impressivelly

Negatives:

We did have a problem with the two MV test bikes. Around 9000-10000 there was a pronounced flat spot (MV technicians were sure it was the variable trumpets sticking.

It's heavy which makes the MV relatively hard work and tiring.

Doesn't have the agility of the ZX10R, or RSV4, the nuclear acceleration of the BMW, the grunt of the Yamaha or Ducati or the useability of the Fireblade or Suzuki, but none of this matters when the MV looks and sounds this good..............

The MV isn't up there with the best of it's rivals,

I'm not sure if I felt the traction control kick in or not, it did hesitate out of corners but that could have been down to the engines flat spot

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
It's a good, that is positive, review, which makes a change and is something to be glad for.

On the other hand, if you compare reviews of the different iterations of the F4 through the years, comparing what the reviewer in question found the thing to be when it first came out, and then one or two years later, it makes you laugh, and also makes you realize that opinions are like...

I much prefer my own opinion and experience when riding a bike... :yo:

1 - 20 of 163 Posts