MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello
my mv agusta f4 RR is flanged to 100 horses, I plan to buy a F4 rr calculator at 200cv there will be modifications or everything will work as with the other original box
Thank you for your answers

·
Administrator
19,842 Posts
@lounaisse ... I think the translation to English was not very good.... Let me see if I understand:

You have a "restricted" ECU since you live in France, and you plan to buy an "unrestricted" ECU (full power)???

I think your question is "will everything work with the new ECU, or do you need other modifications?

My answer would be: No modifications will be needed.

Reactions: lounaisse

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
@lounaisse ... I think the translation to English was not very good.... Let me see if I understand:

You have a "restricted" ECU since you live in France, and you plan to buy an "unrestricted" ECU (full power)???

I think your question is "will everything work with the new ECU, or do you need other modifications?

My answer would be: No modifications will be needed.
ok thank you yes that's what I meant, so no modification or adjustment

·
Administrator
19,842 Posts
Only modification will be with your right wrist.... be careful how you will use it.
There will be a big change in the engine's response !!

Reactions: lounaisse

·
Registered
464 Posts
Only modification will be with your right wrist....
Nope :poop:

In Macronistan bike specs are listed on the bike papers.
Also my bike insurance had and still has very fine print
"... if the vehicle has been modified in any way, you're not covered."

The dealer where I had my EU specs 312 serviced,
back in the days 11 years ago told horror stories.
Like: This poor guy also had an unrestriced MV and he had an accident and he survived but..."

Now an older bike might not attract much attention, but the mods aren't only on the right wrist.
A blanket speed limit now of 50 mph or lower on all roads of the realm
watched by very active and inquisitive plod has to be factored.

Unless the OP is plod himself, natürlich.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts

Like: This poor guy also had an unrestriced MV and he had an accident and he survived but..."

Now an older bike might not attract much attention, but the mods aren't only on the right wrist.

So if you change exhaust you are not covered by your insurance? I would change insurance (or country).

·
Registered
1,055 Posts

"In Macronistan", nice one that, took me a while to work out, does this mean your not a fan?
50mph blanket speed, we are mainly still on 60mph on our B country roads, now 50mph is a problem, if I red line my F4750 in first and hook second I won't loose my license, but in France with your lovely laws a modern bike can do nearly 100mph in first gear, which I presume is an instant ban for you in a 50mph. Don't you just miss the good old days of the 80-90's?

·
Registered
464 Posts
"In Macronistan"...hook second I won't loose my license, but in France...
Furriners keep the license :eek: may lose vacation money.

Only modification will be with your right wrist.... be careful how you will use it.
There will be a big change in the engine's response !!
OP @lounaisse updates ECU to EU specs
bike's not street legal no more.

Plod and insurance call this modification.

... a modern bike can do nearly 100mph in first gear, which I presume is an instant ban for you in a 50mph.
Define modern.

Riding at 50 mph tops - most roads are 43 mph - full power or restricted, modern or old bike all the same.
Autoroute, toll road, at 130 kph (81 mph) or dual carriageway, no toll, 110 kph (68 mph)
microscopic difference in engine response.

...Don't you just miss the good old days of the 80-90's?
Laverda Jota nimble like a waterlogged boat anchor, you'll catch tendinis just looking at the clutch lever,
or Beemer K1, the schwer Panzer could outrun T-34 or Sturmovik at Stalingrad debacle.
But the asthmatic, wheezy, decrepit old nags wouldn't tail a Brutale or Dragster on no road now.
Ride a blast from the past about exhilarating as the Twitter transcript of a full Bozzum o_O quarantine TV speech.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts