MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
689 Posts
Looks like its more or less a wash until 10,000, but that extra 7PS is a nice bonus, even if you would only be able to really take advantage of it on the track.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
For me it looks like, the R has little more mid- and lowrange power (100Nm at 6500 for the R; and 7800 for the 312), and the 312 is the top dog in the high range and gives this little extra 7hp at top end.
I think, a PCIII would work wonders to the 312... :naughty:

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
Manuel_F4 said:
For me it looks like, the R has little more mid- and lowrange power (100Nm at 6500 for the R; and 7800 for the 312), and the 312 is the top dog in the high range and gives this little extra 7hp at top end.
I think, a PCIII would work wonders to the 312... :naughty:
Exactly, a PC3 with a nicely made map on the 312 will make it a BLAST!!! :f4:

·
Registered
689 Posts
MV-999R said:
Exactly, a PC3 with a nicely made map on the 312 will make it a BLAST!!! :f4:
I thought it was already. If yours isn't, I'd look and see if someone left some rags in the airbox ...

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
lizzardo said:
I thought it was already. If yours isn't, I'd look and see if someone left some rags in the airbox ...
Of course it already is ;)

But fine tunning it and giving it a smoother low and mid range won't hurt :smoking:

·
Registered
3,438 Posts
Seems like they had to pull out some mid-range to give it higher range. I will take the 1000R anyday over the current 312R.

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
suryad said:
Seems like they had to pull out some mid-range to give it higher range. I will take the 1000R anyday over the current 312R.
thats what i was thinking, but after hearing of the fueling issues with the R and that this was fixed with the 312, I chose the 312. With the extra money to get the r right, it would be a wash. Secondly (and not that I could ever use all the power, but "just because") the 312 has more overall power upgrade-abilty (is that a word), without internal mods, as it has a higher performance cam, as well as larger valves and throttle bodies.

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
Allan Gibbs said:
I don't mean to make this a my MV is better than yours, but does the S model have more low/mid range than the R?
Actually from my S and R plots yes it does!! the S is 5bhp in front of the R all the way until 9,000rpm, as the R is 5bhp in front of the 312 all the way to 9,000rpm

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
So, what you're saying is that my S is better the R. :laughing: I'm just joking. More power is usually all about compromise and depends on the application. BUT, I wonder if the variable intake tracts would help a 312 regain some mid-range. Perhaps that may appear on the next MV model?

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
Allan Gibbs said:
So, what you're saying is that my S is better the R. :laughing: I'm just joking. More power is usually all about compromise and depends on the application. BUT, I wonder if the variable intake tracts would help a 312 regain some mid-range. Perhaps that may appear on the next MV model?
I guess it depends on where you want the power, a lot of mags wrote that the 1000S had more low down grunt than the opposition, MV have 'simply' retuned the motor and moved it from the low and midrange to the top end.

I dare say that if you looked through the parts manuals MV certainly have at least two different height of inlet 'trumpets' the evo2 750 were 5 or 7mm shorter than early 750 models and maybe the 1000S/R/312 are also different heights? just swapping these about between the models would alter the power delivery.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
mikef4uk said:
I guess it depends on where you want the power, a lot of mags wrote that the 1000S had more low down grunt than the opposition, MV have 'simply' retuned the motor and moved it from the low and midrange to the top end.

I dare say that if you looked through the parts manuals MV certainly have at least two different height of inlet 'trumpets' the evo2 750 were 5 or 7mm shorter than early 750 models and maybe the 1000S/R/312 are also different heights? just swapping these about between the models would alter the power delivery.

As the R was announced, there was advertised, against the S, the new had design and valves. No word about “trumpets”.

With the 312, advertised is, against the R, the new inlet cam and valves (titanium & 30mm diam.) and the new “trumpets”. They are 2mm larger in diameter. No mention about height.

Years ago, I changed in my 748 the trumpets, fitting larger, but it was as an upgrade package (cams, valves, trumpets, airbox,..). I don't think that just a swap will work positive.

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
tvass said:
As the R was announced, there was advertised, against the S, the new had design and valves. No word about “trumpets”.

With the 312, advertised is, against the R, the new inlet cam and valves (titanium & 30mm diam.) and the new “trumpets”. They are 2mm larger in diameter. No mention about height.

Years ago, I changed in my 748 the trumpets, fitting larger, but it was as an upgrade package (cams, valves, trumpets, airbox,..). I don't think that just a swap will work positive.
Yes I agree, MV have done a lot more work than just swapping trumpets about, but I reckon that if you had the early longer one's from a 2000 model 750 and fitted them to a 1000R you would regain some of the lost midrange. Your just doing EXACTLY what MV are doing wit the variable height system from the Tamburini............

I must admit after owning both bikes (S&R) I cannot feel the lower 'missing' midrange, but one thing I CAN feel is the upper rev range, I find the rush after 10,000 rpm quite challenging to hold on to.............I must return to the dyno to see just what effects a higher mileage and the 'race' ecu have had

·
Registered
65 Posts
what are the figures for an R with open exhaust no cat & a power comander. does anyone have any dyno figures? will this beat the 312? does a 65kg body weight help. will the brembos help brake later into a corner than the S. Does a proffessional rider on a 750 still blow the doors off the S,R & 312? Does it really matter as long as you are content with your choice!!!!!!!! :drummer: :yo:

·
Registered
361 Posts
The trumpets are 10mm shorter. I can't find what they started as or ended up as. However, they are talking about the variable height and twin injectors for SBK. They said they didn't include those in the 312 for cost reasons per Andrea Goggi.

·
Registered
15 Posts
in the real world that means the 312 riders can order the beers they will only have been poured as we mere mortals arrive

only the track will you get that performace down onto the road and most cases the diffrence will always be the rider ie the loose nut behind the wheel

·
Registered
156 Posts
Tribbo said:
what are the figures for an R with open exhaust no cat & a power comander. does anyone have any dyno figures? will this beat the 312? does a 65kg body weight help. will the brembos help brake later into a corner than the S. Does a proffessional rider on a 750 still blow the doors off the S,R & 312? Does it really matter as long as you are content with your choice!!!!!!!! :drummer: :yo:
yes view my album

1 - 20 of 20 Posts