MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,915 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
N class, turn 8ish at Thunderbolt NJMP in Millville, NJ yesterday afternoon. Passed me when I was caught off guard by the B-52 bomber (replica?) that was flying above. All I saw was a Moto Forza or Moto Corsa sticker on the tail.

·
Administrator
20,353 Posts
the B-52 bomber (replica?) that was flying above.
No "replicas" flying.....they're still operating the real deal. Last ones built in the 60's.!! :wtf:

They've been upgraded here and there, but the airframes and most systems are still 50 years old.

How did the F4 sound blowing by you? :f4:

·
Premium Member
2,915 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Was that you?

Good to know. The Millville Army Air Field Museum as well as a municipal airport are adjacent to the track. Looks like there might have been an air show yesterday but unfortunately I had to skip out early to check out a bike.

I wanted to hear the MV but my 916 is loud as hell. I think I can only hear high pitched bikes on the track. That was the last lap of the day for me.

·
Administrator
20,353 Posts
Wasn't me.....I was in the North Georgia mountains with Gina, and my pillion pal Pam....:smoking:

We scrubbed the chicken strips off Gina's tires on the Richard Russell Raceway and over Blood Mountain.....did I mention Pam is a great pillion rider!! :yo:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,915 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cool, but did she get her knee down? :drummer:

·
Administrator
20,353 Posts
No knees down....more the "old school" riding style from back before Kenny showed everyone how to hang off the bike....

·
Registered
14,562 Posts

·
Administrator
20,353 Posts
I saw Jarno ride....I was at that Daytona race in the second pic.....The pic of Saarinen shows him sitting pretty much in the seat with no knee out....Kenny was also in that Daytona race. He won the AMA #1 plate that year.

·
Registered
14,562 Posts
Jarno

I saw Jarno ride....I was at that Daytona race in the second pic.....The pic of Saarinen shows him sitting pretty much in the seat with no knee out....Kenny was also in that Daytona race. He won the AMA #1 plate that year.
his ass is half way off the seat......look at the bike Ed, drum brakes, look at the sponsor's name Arwidson, thats ~'70-'71

Roberts won as a dirt tracker by dominating the dirt events....not as a road racer until later

Jarno, his wife Soili, Tepi Lansivuori. Pentti Korhonen and I were all good friends.....and I had a Finnish girl friend, today she lives 1/2 km from Soili

https://ccrma.stanford.edu/~peer/Images/racer-jarno.jpg

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTj4dOYzZKjk5HZ7p0d4g6GeGiSZ8Ii01YFsO3WGIi1BETlvbhx

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTdtm4Y303uFTmqeVU0uQ5cM4kyx4cM3olONdVi7xTzEk3svCKrsA

and at the Daytona race you watched;
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR5vcOwwqGq5MHx2VzXWutIm_H3wVAU2j5P5rWTXPZFVtXpb0s4

no knee out? really? want to rethink that?

and who was the Yamaha #1 rider at that race? wasn't Kenny was it? it was Kel......thats why he's on the podium too, not Kenny

but Jarno raced 50cc bikes too
http://www.elsberg-tuning.dk/images/vvjschurgers.jpg

here he is again;
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lx51z00GX61r53nlzo1_500.jpg

see the #1 behind him recognize the helmet?

yup Paroni leaving AGO behind

·
Registered
14,562 Posts
Chris;
I haven't found the starting grid for Assen in '74
but Kenny ended up ranked 20th in the 250 class that year with 10 points

some times I hate looking the old stuff up......makes me too sad

I looked in Jarno's images to find those pictures for Ed......too many pictures of my friend dying.....what a bunch of morbid assholes

did find a video of Soili, it was nice to hear voice again....haven't heard it since late March '73 in the pits at Hochenheim at the German GP
Jarno won the 250, lost to Tepi in 350, and broke a chain in the lead in the 500....Phil read won it, was Jarno's 1st 500 loss of the year

afterwards in the Lager i wished him good luck, we hugged, I gave Soili a kiss......

2 weeks later my friend and Renzo were dead ......

when I went to Heksinki in '75, my girlfriend asked if I wanted to see her, I couldn't face her.....it was a rough 2 years for my racing friends.....lost a lot of them

I spent a lot of time with a black arm band on

·
Registered
4,296 Posts
You are correct Noel, too many morbid bastards out there....I always try to remember the good times (my heart will remember the sad anyway). I looked up Assen '74, Roberts crashed and remounted for 3rd place finish. Walter Villa won that race

·
Registered
14,562 Posts
You are correct Noel, too many morbid bastards out there....I always try to remember the good times (my heart will remember the sad anyway). I looked up Assen '74, Roberts crashed and remounted for 3rd place finish. Walter Villa won that race
yes, but Walter Villa was the asshole that holed his cases and kept going, oiling the track and killing Jarno and Renzo the year before on the 1st lap
fucking stupid Italian track marshals:wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf:

·
Registered
4,296 Posts
yes, but Walter Villa was the asshole that holed his cases and kept going, oiling the track and killing Jarno and Renzo the year before on the 1st lap
fucking stupid Italian track marshals:wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf:
I haven't forgotten, never will

·
Registered
14,562 Posts
Gatling;
thank you for the update......I don't remember if Nita was even born when I knew Pentti

he did use Egli 18" Mg wheels on his TZ-350 ICE RACER though......I have a picture somewhere, the caption was "he was 50kph faster on the straights"

no shit!

thank you again, Gatling :drummer:

while typing this I'm wearing my new Jarno hat that I got from a guy in Turku, Jarno's home town.....the guy sent me a big photo of Jarno too......way cool!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Yep: one of the reasons why I forked over some of my very limited hard earned as a teenager and got a set of secondhand Egli Mg's to fit my RD 350 :)

Those were the ones with (edit: eight) "H" cross section spokes.
I allso fit the classic two piston AP-Lockheed brake calipers to give it TZ350ish look.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts