MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

Let me first introduce myself. I'm Ruben from Holland and at 24 years old I bought my first MV last week, an 04 Brutale S. I'm very pleased to own such piece of art and I'm quite proud to ride it of course! But I have a question regarding overheating.. And yes, I have thouroughly used the search!:)

After spending the afternoon searching for overheating issues and solutions, I found out that basically the F4 generally overheats due to its fairing. However, my Brute does so too.. When running stationary or traffic lights I've had temps as high as 118C, when running faster again it lowers quite easily to temps around 90 but when stationary again it rises fast as hell.

Basically my question is, do 750 Brutes also tend to overheat easily and is upgrading the impeller a good idea or do you guys think there is something wrong with the cooling system??

Thanks alot in advance! Hope to stay with you guys at MV Agusta net for long :)

·
Registered
5,824 Posts
You might have air in The system. Or poor coolant type.
Bruties don't usually overheat. But upgrading the impeller isn't a bad idea. Also replace your coolant with engine ice and bleed the air out of the system. Search and it will show you how. Should be good to go.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
My 750 Brutale did not over heat even in 45C days here in Sydney so you have a problem somewhere....

Check the coolant filler cap, it's a pressure cap and if its not holding enough pressure it will cause problems like you are seeing.
Also check the radiator isn't clogged up OUTSIDE with bugs, road dirt etc.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ah ok, good to hear Brutes don't usually overheat. My radiator is nice and clean, such as the rest of the bike. I'll bring it in tomorrow to have my dealer take a look at it, planned that already so think they can look into the cooling thing as well.

Fan comes on nicely, although it seems to do so at different temperatures. 108 degrees at first and then later on at 101 and then again 108 or so. Might be wrong, I'm not sure but I thought I noticed this..

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'll keep that in mind. Thanks for the replies! Think I will be fine now (or soon haha..)

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Donsy, fan comes in at about 99C on the 750 Brutale unless the chip has been changed. It's not something as simple as low coolant in yours is it Fumi ?

·
Registered
654 Posts
The fan on Sharon's Brutale S comes on at 102 degrees and in slow traffic can rise to about 110 degrees, whereas my 910s has the fan coming on at 93 degrees, and even in the hottest conditions rarely rises above 100. I would love to be able to adjust the fan activation point on her Brutale S, but I think you have to rewrite the chip to achieve this, and that's way beyond my skill level. Swapping a chip..no problem, but speaking to computers, sadly not!!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Coolant level is perfect, first thing I checked out haha. The Brute is at the dealer's now so I'll just wait and see what they come up with. I'll keep you posted!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts