MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
3 Cross Motorcycles (the UK MV importers) have an Oro on their website at the moment. They are asking about £16,000 for it. :) But they aren't making any more!!

·
Registered
5,387 Posts
john said:
3 Cross Motorcycles (the UK MV importers) have an Oro on their website at the moment. They are asking about £16,000 for it. :) But they aren't making any more!!
:wtf: Did you clicked on the link Steptoe posted??

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
Yes, however half of my reply didn't post. The Oro is like a first edition book by a famous author if you like. I don't believe one is worth the sum of it's parts at 16 grand now, but in say 30 years time they may be worth a fortune to a collector. Look at Brough Superior SS100 or a Vincent Black Shadow, even early Z1's and CB750's fetch big money these days. As a functioning bike I'd sooner have my old Evo III than an Oro, but as an investment for the future? Well who knows. :)

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Agreed they were overpriced IMO. But there were more bums than seats at the time (Old Ferrari marketing trick).

I'm not sure about all these limited edition things being valuable in the future. I'm not sure many of the things that are collectors items these days were even touted as limited edition.

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
You make a fair point Al. It's true in the 20's and 30's I don't think the phrase 'limited edition' had been coined. But with no offence intended to those with 'limited edition' F4's or Brutales, I think Oro's will be worth more in the longer term. :)

·
Registered
5,387 Posts
Yes John, as a collector item the ORO value is high, but i've seen some for sale at the price of a new Senna..... :nerd:

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
As someone who can't afford to have a bike purely as an investment I would have a Senna or an Ago rather than an Oro every time. If I could afford a Tamburini or a Veltro I think I would be too scared to ride it because of what it cost me. Perhaps Oro prices will fall further but ultimately I think they will level out and begin to rise, that's just my humble opinion of course.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts