MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New member to the site and I just sold one of my bikes, 2000.5 Mille RSVR and I'm looking to getting an F4 or an Aprilia 2007 Factory, but needed some pros and cons on the F4. which years are better than others, handling compared to the Aprilia, etc. Also I'm 6'5'' 225lbs and wanted to know if it would be a comfy ride? Thanks, look forward to chating with you guys.

·
Banned
31 Posts
Hi There! I've Ridden 2006 Factory And Its Absoloutely Stunning! It's Probbably The Best Track Bike You Can Get, Light Fast And With Realy Good Handling But... You Cant Go For An Easy Ride Plus The Unique Feeling Of An Agusta. The Clutch Of The Aprilia Will Be Your New Best Friend If You Want To Ride With Less Than 100 Km/h And You'll Have To Change Gears All The Time.. Other Than That Its Beautifull..
Might Wanna Drive One Of Each Before Decide. Agusta Is "less Italian" On Every Day Use. Aprilia Is Alot Closer To The Duc 999 Way Of Driving. It Just Does'nt Have Low Rpm Use...
I Hope I Confused You More!!

·
Ambassador / 007 , , Waiting for new bike
6,135 Posts
tyjohn said:
New member to the site and I just sold one of my bikes, 2000.5 Mille RSVR and I'm looking to getting an F4 or an Aprilia 2007 Factory, but needed some pros and cons on the F4. which years are better than others, handling compared to the Aprilia, etc. Also I'm 6'5'' 225lbs and wanted to know if it would be a comfy ride? Thanks, look forward to chating with you guys.
Welcome man,
Buy F4 1000!!!Be sure!!
Word of an Italian man!
ciao
Pier Luigi

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
5,578 Posts
Both good bikes. At this moment I would favour the F4-1000 R.

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
The father in-law of one of our members here (Velocemoto) had an RSVR and while at the track took Veloce's F4 750 for a soin and imidiately bettered his track time by 1 or 2 seconds...he sold the RSVR and now owns an F4 1000.

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
I ride with guys in the Aprilia club in Sydney Australia. I find the RSV1000R is better value compare to the MV Agusta. In Australia there is about a $9000.00 to $10000.00 difference in price between a RSV1000R and the MV (RSVR $24790.00 and the MV1000 $34000.00).

If you get the RSV1000R Factory its only $29900.00 AUD compared to a MV Senna $45k AUD (aprrox).

You get radial mounted brakes on the Aprilia (Aprilia is better value IMHO) but you get exclusivity (spelling?) on the MV.

Purchasing Italian bikes is based on emotions rather than practicality!!!

Both bikes are fantastic but you will see more Aprilias on the road than the MV.

If I had the $$$ I take both bikes thank you.

Aprilias are like Porsches, they have a range of bikes for most people. Where else MV Agusta is a Ferrari, small range of products for a small target market.

Here is the bike that put Aprilia on the map from a simple scooter manufacturer to superbike stardom.

At the end of the day, we're all here because of the MV.

·
Registered
8,920 Posts
I say MV, but my experience is based oon the Brutale vs. the Tuono, and while the Aprilia V-twin is a sweet motor, the bike just doesn't have 'it'

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
I don't know about the pricing in Australia. But here in the states you can pick up a brand new F4-1000 with a full 169hp on one of histories best frames/ bodies for roughly 21,750.00 Assuming the handeling is similiarly great on the Aprilla how much hp is she putting out and what the usable powerband like? Knowing what type of riding you plan on doing with it, would also help with the decision. :conveyer:

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Welcome...Im sure last months 'SuperBike' from UK had a 3 way comparo with the MV / RSV Factory / 999s, might give you some thoughts on your decision.

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
minime said:
I ride with guys in the Aprilia club in Sydney Australia. I find the RSV1000R is better value compare to the MV Agusta. In Australia there is about a $9000.00 to $10000.00 difference in price between a RSV1000R and the MV (RSVR $24790.00 and the MV1000 $34000.00).

If you get the RSV1000R Factory its only $29900.00 AUD compared to a MV Senna $45k AUD (aprrox).

You get radial mounted brakes on the Aprilia (Aprilia is better value IMHO) but you get exclusivity (spelling?) on the MV.

Purchasing Italian bikes is based on emotions rather than practicality!!!

Both bikes are fantastic but you will see more Aprilias on the road than the MV.
The Aprillia is the best value for money bike on the road hands down but that doesn't make it the best and bike aint bikes and they do feel different to ride, doesn't mean one is neccesarily better than the other per se but these differences outside of brand loyalty exclusivity etc are what our decisions should be based on if it's not a case of love at first sight that is.

In my experience the Aprillia guys go on about value for money but at the end of the day given the choice between the two I know which one most would go for...and value can be measured in more ways than specs, what about standing in your shed having a beer admiring your bike...I'd certainly rather be thinking wow that bike is art rather than wow this bike is the best value for money. I don't want to sound like I'm bagging Aprilia's as they are a great bike but I had the choice of one or even a 999 and for me it was the MV and I have no regrets.

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
tyjohn said:
Why not blag a test ride on both and see which suits you the best?

·
Registered
403 Posts
I'll reply with an different advice: when you'll park your Aprilia amongst others bike, NO ONE will stop to look at more than 1 or 2 seconds: it's a very good bike but not aestethically.
With an MV you'll have to answers questions about it even at traffic lights: it's something unique :smoking:

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
Flaming said:
I'll reply with an different advice: when you'll park your Aprilia amongst others bike, NO ONE will stop to look at more than 1 or 2 seconds: it's a very good bike but not aestethically.
With an MV you'll have to answers questions about it even at traffic lights: it's something unique :smoking:

Totally agree with you there!!

·
Registered
5,387 Posts
Flaming said:
Poser...... :D ;)

Question: what is a 2007 Factory?
The current Factory is, i think, the end of the line as Aprilia will presente a new model soon.
If you're talking about the current Factory, i say go with the MV :yo:

·
Registered
38 Posts
I own a 2004 Aprilia Factory and an MV F4 1000 Ago. A friend of mine is telling me to sell the Aprilia and I can't bring myself to do it. That Aprilia is a fantastic bike. You being a big guy, may "fit" better on the Aprilia. I am able to ride mine 300+ miles in a day and feel fine afterwards. It is the same for the MV. I am a reclusive kind of guy (ie. I won't spend any real time talking to people out on the road about my bike or their bike), and more people have asked about the Factory than the MV. May be the twin appeal (sound), may be the color (black), who knows.

Both of the bikes have had the suspension completely setup. The MV suspension was dialed in further via an AMA superbike racer who knows what he is doing. Either way, the Ohlins on the Factory gets my vote. That is not to say the MV suspension isn't great, it is. Maybe I just like that Ohlins gold and blue. That said, the Factory turns like a 600, razor sharp and fast. The MV is a click slower on the turn in, but is the most stable bike I have ever been on.

Power wise, the MV has it in spades. The MV however does scare me, power seems to come on exponentially. Things can go wrong real quick on the that bike. That is not to say the Aprilia is slow, it is not. The Aprilia makes power in a very linear fashion. The line does have a very steep slope though. I will say this, both motors have all kinds of character, and in the end for me it may be a push. That said, I have never heard anyone ever say, "I'm an inline four guy for life."

Looks wise, hands down it goes to the MV. The Aprilia looks great and I love it, but every bike that sits next to the MV always looks a little blah. I am not the biggest fan of black wheels, and I think that R model MV is way to black. Every picture I see of it makes me love the red/silver even more. On the Aprilia side of it, I think the 07 factory got a little carried away with the gold (there appears to be three different shades of it).

The value arguement is bullshit. Neither one of these bikes speaks to any real money savings. Let's face it most of this stuff is way overkill for even good street/track riders. Buy the bike that speaks to you. Buy the bike that you can sit with and stare at. If what you truely want cost a few grand more than you think you can afford, spend the money anyway. You will never remember the money, but you will remember not buying what you truely wanted for the rest of your life.

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
A great assessment written above. Amer on here(MV1000) and I ride with an 05 Factory pretty much every ride. I think he's at 13k mi. I've ridden it and it does seem a bit easy going but lacks excitement for me. It is well tuned and suspension completely rebuilt for him. For me it was also harder to turn in as opposed to the above but I acknowledge my MV is set for my preferences (the MV1000 is also harder to turn in that my 750).

Here he is taking advantage of his torque on a hairpin in the Ozarks, bugger :loser:

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
boy, he must have left you in the dust in that long ass sweeper because you are WAY smaller than him. you need to work on your exits james!! :eek:

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
I've ridden a few Aprillia's and they are great bikes but much better for the taller rider as a few have mentioned already. I won't be parting with my MV to get one :) though.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Go with what speaks to your heart. If value was the real reason for buying can you honestly say you'd be buying Italian? Value wise you'd be best off grabbing a japanese 1000. The fact that you seem to be looking at Italians to me means you're making the decision based around what the heart says rather than the wallet.

With the heart in mind I'd go the MV over the Aprillia any day. Most people I've spoken with would concur if the decision was based purely in how the bike made you feel rather than what the bank manger says.

On the 'which gets noticed more' front, I was out for a ride on my SPR and a Factory pulled up at the car park where a lot of locals take a breather in between stints through the hills. It didn't draw a second look from anyone. They were all clustered around my MV....

·
Registered
209 Posts
Welcome to the site!

Hello and welcome Tyjohn. I was making the same comparison recently about a similar purchase. What other types of bikes have you owned? Are you going to be riding this bike more on the street or track? The Aprilia Factory did win this years Materbike comparison versus the F4 1000 R, but that is because more riders in general posted better times on it even though an F4 1000 R turned the fastest lap. Ride both if you can and if you still do not know then you need to flip a coin I guess!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts