MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I was just goofing around, and ran my F4 1000 without the cans on it. It's still got the cat, but that's it. The opening(s) are right by the foot peg.

BTW, I didn't ride it like that - no way I can do that. First off, I'd have the cops on me before I could get down the block. Second, the exhaust exit would cook my leg and foot.

But running it in the garage - HOLY COW!!!!

It's like a MotoGP bike. The note is a nasty, mean, RRRAP, RRRAP. Very sharp.

Oh, I so want to make a stubby pipe and fit it on there for a track day...

Hahahah

Alex

·
Registered
64 Posts
I know that this is on an R6 but it would be quite interesting to see it work.

I wonder if it could be stuffed under the belly-pan more on an F4.

·
Living the Dream
2,758 Posts
Since you guys are talking about it, would it mess the bike up at all if i started it without the headers or anything on the bike. they are currently coming back from jet-hot and i want to hear what it sounds like. if it won't hurt it i will post a video of the sounds.

Also, i am stripping the inards of my stock exhaust making it essentially a straight pipe system, so once that is done i will see if i can blow my eardrums!! :drummer:

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've never done it, and I'll I've heard are bad things when you run without the header pipes (exhaust port is open at the heads).

The problem, from what I heard, is due to the temperature differeneces, which can crack valves. Has to do with the fact that 4-stroke motors have valve overlap, where both are open for a small time. Since the motor has no header, VERY cold external air is sucked into the piston.

It's not very clear to me what the problems would be, but I'm not really going to chance it with my F4 motor. Perhaps someone here knows and can explain it better.

Besides, you want the header on there. It's what gives you the cool sound

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Not sure.

I read that the Ducati 990 MotoGP bike was putting out over 130dB - not sure how far away that was measured, but after hearing them at Laguna, I'd say 120dB at 100ft easy.

But the F4 is loud with open exhaust.

·
Registered
8,920 Posts
In theory, the Arrow stubby for the brutale should be a close fit for the F4, and certainly clear all hard parts; Just have to work around the fairing and slightly different headers.

·
Living the Dream
2,758 Posts
Here is a set of Sil Moto exhausts that i cut the cans off and ceramic coated the entire system. this is about as close as i can get to open exhaust. as soon as i can figure out how to post a small video you can hear how great these suckers sound!!

Attachments

·
Living the Dream
2,758 Posts
There is a small clip that i submitted so it is now out of my hands, it is such a great sound, i might take it for a spin tomorrow in my neighborhood and drive everyone nuts!! :f4:

·
Registered
3,304 Posts
Yes, I was looking at the stock exhaust this am. Plenty of room for a GP style exhaust. For the life of me I can't make my bike look like an R6...

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Ive got the 04 Ducati GP team on tape at Phillip Island doing tests after the GP weekend.

MAN they were load,you can hear every time the throttle is on/off all the way around the track.
If I can get it on computer I will post for you guys!:naughty:

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Greeneggs&ham said:
Since you guys are talking about it, would it mess the bike up at all if i started it without the headers or anything on the bike. they are currently coming back from jet-hot and i want to hear what it sounds like. if it won't hurt it i will post a video of the sounds.

Also, i am stripping the inards of my stock exhaust making it essentially a straight pipe system, so once that is done i will see if i can blow my eardrums!! :drummer:
MATE that is MotoGP sound for sure!

·
Living the Dream
2,758 Posts
I was able to have a quick run around my block, but i am starting a new thread to show some pics of what the bike looks like put back together and i took a couple of vid's and a sound bite from a digital recorder, wait until you hear this!!!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts