MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,
I got the bike back from insurance, I turned the key light on odometer on but I can not start the bike where can I look first, second, third... To see if I start the bike
Thanks all,
Phil

·
Administrator
18,854 Posts
Just what happens when you push the start button? Click and nothing? No click and nothing? Starter turns but engine doesn't run? Do dash light and tail light go dim (headlight should go off)?

More information needed please.

Off the cuff I would say your battery is flat.

·
Registered
814 Posts
Have you said sorry to it yet?
Maybe she's just a little pissed right now.

It is a beautiful lady after all.
:banghead: What was I thinking!? Of course that's the problem! :thewife:

You need to buy her flowers, chocolates and caress her old scars, tell her you still love her and won't cheat with another bike :f4:

:popcorn:

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
kill switch, then the battery
Killer switch just change new one, battery is good

Just what happens when you push the start button? Click and nothing? No click and nothing? Starter turns but engine doesn't run? Do dash light and tail light go dim (headlight should go off)?

More information needed please.

Off the cuff I would say your battery is flat.
Push start button nothing happen, all the dash light on.....

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
I know it's nice to do the work yourself, but isn't it the repair people's job to give you a running bike?
What if you find parts damaged in the crash that need replacing? In Oz it is usually a bun fight to get insurance companies to stump up more $ after collection.

·
Registered
7,701 Posts
Are you 100% sure it is not the battery? Several times member, me included, did not think it was their battery since the lights would come on and the fuel pump would run.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'd refer you to the trouble shooting guide in the owners manual.
I might have to do that

Are you 100% sure it is not the battery? Several times member, me included, did not think it was their battery since the lights would come on and the fuel pump would run.
When I turned the key, light on dash and fuel pump sound but press the start it doesn't hear anything anything else that you guys can think of please add it on so I might take a look at it.
thanks,
Phil

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Phil..do you have a voltmeter? Check to see if you get 14V DC if not your battery is bad or not charged.
I don't think my bike battery bad, I tested it 14.89

I just found out that when I pressed the kill switch my other MV I heart some sound but when I pressed the kill switch on my Senna it doesn't sound nothing, so what is the problem?

·
Registered
383 Posts
I don't think my bike battery bad, I tested it 14.89

I just found out that when I pressed the kill switch my other MV I heart some sound but when I pressed the kill switch on my Senna it doesn't sound nothing, so what is the problem?
So when you press the kill switch into the ON position, you don't hear the fuel pump priming noise?

·
Registered
710 Posts
If i was you, i would use powerstarter, or the cables, to jump up your bike. Many questions would be answered.

If that doesn´t work, check the fuses.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Is it in proper neutral?
When I first got my F4 750 2000 model, the neutral light was on but starter was dead, an MV mechanic told me to check for a false neutral, and hey presto she started fine.

Also can a dirty/faulty side stand switch cause the starter to be dead?

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Safety switches. Clutch, neutral, side stand and tip switch. You're getting a whine from the fuel pump so the ECU is ready to blast off, but something is holding it back. Bad ground somewhere from the crash ? On/Off switch damaged at all ? Wires leading to the harness or the harness itself damaged coming from the start/stop switch ?

Have you tried jumping the starter solenoid to turn the engine over manually ? Obviously the main starter fuse has been checked and is good.

After all of this I'm scratching my head.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts