MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Do you mean Nero? They are just a different paint job for the Australian market. I thought they were only released in Australia. My mate has one. They only made 21.

·
Registered
230 Posts

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
. . . perhaps contact Paul Feeney who was the guy originally involved with the limited production order..
Wow! Now there's a name from the past. Paul Feeney used to race at the same time as I in the early 70s. We were certainly both at Calder, perhaps 'B' grade as it was then, and well before the 'Thunderdome' days.

And here's a bit of memorabillia for you, Alby:smile2::

Attachments

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
I saw one of the flat black '06 F4 in the Atlanta MV dealer showroom in 2007(ish), but don't remember there being any "nero" sticker on it, or any number plaque. According to Wikipedia, there were 21 "Nero" models exclusive to the Australia market with number plates. The matte black ones shipped to US I think were not numbered, or limited to that few of a number.

Here's a US model from a few years ago: https://www.mvagusta.net/forum/23-sale-wanted-mv-related-items-only/190482-f-s-2006-f4-1000-matte-black-w-carbon.html

·
Registered
6,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I saw one of the flat black '06 F4 in the Atlanta MV dealer showroom in 2007(ish), but don't remember there being any "nero" sticker on it, or any number plaque. According to Wikipedia, there were 21 "Nero" models exclusive to the Australia market with number plates. The matte black ones shipped to US I think were not numbered, or limited to that few of a number.

Here's a US model from a few years ago: https://www.mvagusta.net/forum/23-sale-wanted-mv-related-items-only/190482-f-s-2006-f4-1000-matte-black-w-carbon.html

Looks like the same bike. Has the same footpegs. If it is an 06 why does it have 07 components

·
Registered
5,100 Posts

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
There is one for sale at the moment here in New Zealand.
Supposedly 21 worldwide, two of which came here.
From what I can find, the 21 to which you refer were all sent to the Australia distributor as part of an Australia-only limited edition, including number plates.
https://www.justbikes.com.au/news-and-reviews/mv-agusta-f4-1000-%22nero%22/10092
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MV_Agusta_F4_series#F4_1000_Nero
The matte black version sent to the US (and perhaps other destinations) were not numbered nor in a limited edition, as far as I can find in research.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
If you go and listen to "Rusty's Garage" on RevHeads recommendation on the racing thread you will hear Paul Feeney was helpful in getting Stoner going.

Great interview in there with Jeremy Burgess

Wow! Now there's a name from the past. Paul Feeney used to race at the same time as I in the early 70s. We were certainly both at Calder, perhaps 'B' grade as it was then, and well before the 'Thunderdome' days.

And here's a bit of memorabillia for you, Alby:smile2::

·
Registered
230 Posts
I live about 15 mins from AIR Nigel.

When I was too young to ride / drive a motorised contraption we used to ride our pushies out there.

Quite feasible that I would have been in the crowd the day of that program.

Reactions: nigelrb

·
Registered
592 Posts
Pretty bike, interesting discussion: I would be wary of the description, and inability to correctly identify the bike. Spring, TX is a suburb of Houston: about a 45 minute ride from my home... good thing my body can't hack a F4.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Yes, a name from the past, brought back all sorts of memories.
Check out these historic photos from a Bathurst race, Feeney is there, and there's an MV on the track!!!
https://www.mcnews.com.au/bathurst-1982-lens-phil-aynsley/

·
Registered
173 Posts
there is a Nera model F4 for sale and I am wondering if the only difference between it and a regular F4 is the paint scheme?
As it states, NERO just means "Black" so maybe that is what the seller of the bike in question means?
it appears as someone is trying to put one over on the buying public

Looks like the same bike. Has the same foot-pegs. If it is an 06 why does it have 07 components
Pretty bike, interesting discussion: I would be wary of the description, and inability to correctly identify the bike. Spring, TX is a suburb of Houston: about a 45 minute ride from my home... good thing my body can't hack a F4.
It a nice looking bike but priced too high for basically an 07 F4
Yup, could even be an 06 1000R, he'd be best trying sell it as such instead of trying to bullshit.

Hi All~

Before anyone raises further suspicion, or bad mouths the current owner of this beautiful example of Motorycycle Art (who is actually a great guy who enjoyed the dream of owning an MV; even though briefly), please also refer to this former for sale post created by me: https://www.mvagusta.net/forum/23-sale-wanted-mv-related-items-only/216881-fs-2006-mv-agusta-f4-1000s-nera.html

Continuing on, it is "me" who designated this 2006 F4 1000S with the "Nera" name, and why not when there are many of us once we have upgraded our bikes putting our personal stamps on them, we add special names to the bikes. Even I have given my own R312 and RR312 bikes names such as "R312 Performante" and "RR312 EVO" respectively.

And to clarify, the 'Nero' exclusively sold in Australia is none other than a 2006 F4 1000S in Matte Satin Black, which were sold everywhere, just without the 'Nero' name and a special plaque. I call it a marketing strategy to appeal to folks down under as if the bike is limited, when in actuality, it was not.

As for the history of this specific bike, Gary & Jenn (previously SPR#87QT and later 'huert84'), were the 2nd owners. They acquired it from "Corse Superbikes" in Saukville, WI. It was the dealership owner's son's bike, who tastefully upgraded said bike replacing all smaller plastic pieces (front/rear mud guards, air tubes, electrical covers, tank covers, tank panels, key guard, exhaust guard, upper and lower chain guards, underseat tray, and rear mono tail section) with MV Corse Special Parts carbon fiber, He also added Marchesini forged magnesium wheels, a full Moto Corse Ti 'Evoluzione' exhaust system, Senna 1000 Marzocchi forks, Brembo SBK rotors and M4 Calipers. Even came with a Brembo 64 mm Axial Rear CNC Billet Race Caliper 4-Piston and Moto Corse rear brake disk kit. Naturally there were many other upgrades, and SPR#87QT sold the bike to former forum member 'St.LouisDuc' (3rd owner), who later sold the bike to me (4th owner).

Being I own 3 F4's, I didn't need a 4th bike, however wanted all of the uber expensive and hard-to-find upgraded parts to use in finalizing the upgrades towards my R312 and RR312 bikes. The following + bikes highlight where each replacement part came from when I donned the Dr. Agustastein smock in early 2017:

1) All plastics are from a 2009 RR312, e.g., smooth and matte black in color which better suits the bikes matte satin black color-scheme.
2) Mono carbon tail fairing replaced with a brand-new matte satin black mono tail fairing; purchased from Moto Forza before their unfortunate fire.
3) Carbon tank panels replaced with brand new matte satin black tank panels; purchased from Dipi-Moto in The Netherlands.
4) Marchesini forged magnesium wheels replaced with Brembo Ultralights from the 2008 R312. The magnesium wheels were placed onto my RR312, while the Ultralights from the RR312 were placed onto the R312.
5) Brembo M4 Calipers and SBK Rotors were replaced with Brembo Goldline front calipers and rotors from the 2008 R312. To me, this better complimented the Senna Marzocchi forks as this is the OEM set-up with the Senna 1000. Thus, I left the Senna forks on the bike and with the switching I did, the 2006 1000S now has a Senna front end minus the silver Marchesini forged aluminum wheels.
6) Moto Corse full titanium exhaust replaced with the Arrow system from the 2008 R312. MC Ti system then installed onto the R312 paired with a Microtec M226 ECU.
7) Brembo 64 mm axial rear caliper and Moto Corse rear brake disk kit replaced with the Nissin brake and rotor from the 2008 R312. Upgraded parts were then installed onto the 2008 R312.
8) MV Corse special parts black alcantara rider seat and pad replaced with the seat combo from the 2009 RR312.

The current owner (5th owner) is a stand-up individual, who simply wanted to own a piece of history, and unfortunately and because of medical issues, can no longer ride a sport bike and needs to sell. So to quell folks concerns, this is not a 2007 model year F4, nor is it a "Nero". What it is, is a 2006 F4 1000S Matte Satin Black, designated "Nera" with very tasteful upgrades to this particular model completed by "MVArt". Is it worth what the seller is asking? That depends on who purchases this bike next, for it is unique as there is not another matte satin black 2006 F4 1000S like it. And if folks are insistent on saying the seller is BSing anyone, then say it to me, for I created this beautiful beast in its current form?!

Now that you have the facts, how about expressing empathy towards the current owner and if anything, let's applaud him for achieving a bucket list item owning an MV Agusta!

PS: the high-res pictures used in the Cycletrader add are those which were taken for my previous for sale add here on the forum and Cycletrader which I gave the current owner permission to reuse.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts