MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats the cost of a decent used 2006 f4 mv 1000 engine or a brand new engine? That said could a 1078rr engine work in the frame of the 2006 mv agusta f4? If it can whats the cost of a used one?Cag or anyone who can provide info thank you in advance.

·
Super Moderator
22,070 Posts
CAG is the man to ask for engines.
A 312 engine will fit in the 1000S frame as they are all the same, however the wiring harnass will have to be changed too as well as the ECU etc.

·
Registered
13,695 Posts
A decent 1000s engine with the wire loom and ecu, complete ready to run is at most $2000. Probably closer to $1700. Just the bare engine itself is around $1400. A 1000r engine is more and, as Donsy said, you will need to replace the entire wire harness and ecu if you are going to use it in an '05 or '06.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Okay cool I saw an good buy recently and was going to get it but it required an engine so was thinking I would source one and see if it made any sense to do so_One question was not answered does the 1078 engine fit as well?As was stated i would need to replace the harness and ecu correct?

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok and whats the cost of the used engine.Note cag this will be for racing purposes.Thank you thus far for all the assistance. You to Donsy I'm keeping track of your racing here on Facebook good job .

1 - 6 of 6 Posts