MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Cyber SPOTTER
6,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am doing my bit to ensure the next generation of MV Agusta aficionado stays healthy by producing an MVista Jnr if you will - he is very passionate.

I am not sure that if the fact that he needs to a complete MV-phile is a condition of my will for him to collect his inheritance has any bearing of his decisions.

Regardless, this is a 15 yo boy with no spray painting experience or guidance except having a talent for maths & art - he spent his school holidays completing "Baby F4 Project". He took a plain pocket rocket & turned into a baby F4 (total cost around $45) - using nothing more than some spare decals in the garage & some spray cans - he undercoated - painted & clear coated.

I was/am amazed by the results - he wants a compressor for his birthday so that he can learn to paint 'properly' & I think given this example, he will be getting one :)

A very fine moment for this young man.

Now in a LESS fine moment - as a keen (and usually most responsible) downhill mountain bike racer - he decided to do some practice runs last friday wearing nothing but his 'skull cap' as opposed to his full faced helmet.

Of course, the inevitable happened & we spent last friday night in hospital whilst they completed x-rays & cat scans to ensure there were no breaks or brain damage - given he was found wandering the track - unable to recall his name, day of the week or year. Obviously a major concussion. Fortunately, he has been cleared of all serious damage. He still absolute no memory of the crash two days later!

Had he been wearing his full faced helmet it would have no big deal, maybe a headache & little more!!

A moment less Fine -

Doesn't know who he is but it's thumbs up in hospital!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Wow, that is a great effort! Impeccable!
Pity about the fall, hope there isn't any lasting damage, must've been scary for you.
But from the thumbs up sign it looks like he's a tough nut.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Ouch, that must have hurt. Glad he's doing fine now. Good thing is that he'll get lots of care and attention from the girls at school now!

That mini bike of his looks great. A+

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
god bless him for the bike.
and i really hope he gets super well soon
what a great kid, like his dad

·
Administrator
18,828 Posts
Ah, yes.....life's little lessons. Glad he will recover (maybe bearing a few scars on the face for a while to keep reminding him of the lesson).
The mini-F4 really does look fantastic !!

·
Registered
5,076 Posts
That is some of best work I've seen. And by a 15 year old no less. That kid has got some talent, and he can come work with me anytime. Don't think I want to kiss him though with that nasty upper lip.

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
Man that's awesome work - well done young man !!

Glad he's not too seriously hurt though - speedy recovery from down-under :)

·
Cyber SPOTTER
6,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Wow, that is a great effort! Impeccable!
Pity about the fall, hope there isn't any lasting damage, must've been scary for you.
But from the thumbs up sign it looks like he's a tough nut.
That's the problem Carly, he has remarkablly high pain thresholds - as I guess you need to have if you are serious about being a downhill mountbiker - here's another recent pic! This also didn't faze him!!!! & that's not all, but I think you get the idea :jsm:

·
Cyber SPOTTER
6,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Get well soon junior MV'er,:f4:I'm sure your painting talents will not go unnoticed!!:)
Ouch, that must have hurt. Glad he's doing fine now. Good thing is that he'll get lots of care and attention from the girls at school now!

That mini bike of his looks great. A+
Hope he makes a speedy recovery! And nice paint work!
god bless him for the bike.
and i really hope he gets super well soon
what a great kid, like his dad
You mean despite his dad.. :laughing:

Ah, yes.....life's little lessons. Glad he will recover (maybe bearing a few scars on the face for a while to keep reminding him of the lesson).
The mini-F4 really does look fantastic !!
That is some of best work I've seen. And by a 15 year old no less. That kid has got some talent, and he can come work with me anytime. Don't think I want to kiss him though with that nasty upper lip.
Lee, I reckon he'd love that but the daily commute may be a bit of a problem for him :laughing:

Man that's awesome work - well done young man !!

Glad he's not too seriously hurt though - speedy recovery from down-under :)
Wishing you a speedy recovery Junior MVista.
Awesome job on the baby F4!
Very talented indeed.
Hope he gets well soon, Great job on the minime F4:drummer:
Thanks for all you kind comments & wishes guys, he looks at the forum from time to time & I know it will mean a lot to him, he knows a few of you from your posts :)

I think he will be stoked at the accolades regarding is work, he is a modest young kid. I am still amazed that he could produce such quality from spray cans with an irregular flow, and not the greatest quality paint, he had couple of mishaps but sanded them back & re-sprayed them until he got the perfect finish.

Perhaps we are seeing the emergence of the next Alkatraxx? Now there's a genius to learn from :)

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
The poor kids face was enough to make me feel his pain but that arm is too much :jsm:

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
that picture of the arm is kinda disgusting, hope he gets well soon. Bike looks great.

·
Registered
7 Posts
it was terrible. Hope he get well as soon as it´s posible. Exelent work little MV kid!!!!!! Adults envy you so much talent!!!!:green:

1 - 20 of 39 Posts