MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Excuse me if this has been discussed before but has anyone found a decent way of fixing the badly designed brass inserts in the rear view mirrors?
On my right hand mirror both of the brass inserts have fallen to pieces and now have fallen out, hence I have to buy a completely new mirror.
I am going to get some new inserts made at work and try to see if it works.

·
Registered
935 Posts
Which model year? My mirrors are "OK". The left one is a lot more clear at speed than the right. At any rate I haven't seen any brass.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The bike is a 750 from 2001.

I mean the inserts that are in the mirror that the two screws that go through the fairing to hold the mirror in place.

New ones are being made now and I had planned to epoxy them in.
I just wondered if this was a common problem

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
Which model year? My mirrors are "OK". The left one is a lot more clear at speed than the right. At any rate I haven't seen any brass.
My 2002 is the same, the left is solid while the right vibrates. I see the brass inserts, havent had any issues with them pulling out or anything. Removed the mirrors a few times.

·
Registered
935 Posts
My 2002 is the same, the left is solid while the right vibrates. I see the brass inserts, havent had any issues with them pulling out or anything. Removed the mirrors a few times.
Strange coincidence? Odd that they'd both have the same characteristics.
Can anyone else confirm the same pattern?

·
Registered
30 Posts
My left also pulled the brass threaded one insets out, more than likely due to the accident. I plan to leave them in freezer and fill the plastic with epoxy hopefully the expansion of brass will bond them tight

1 - 7 of 7 Posts