Registered
774 Posts
Difficult to say on so small pics.

Mamba is a kit to put on a F4.

Do you have high resolution pics ?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Judging from the pictures I see now on my cellphone it doesn't look like the real stuff... (need to check later on a bigger screen) Still a pity though!

·
Registered
5,572 Posts
For the whole kit, it has not the right wheels.

·
The Machinist
2,448 Posts
Maximum Velocity said:
For the whole kit, it has not the right wheels.
I'm not sure but I think you can get these kits minus the wheels if you want.
I know you can with the Corse anyway.

I feel sad for the owner of that bike, real kit or not. I'm sure it was a beauty!

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have bought it on ebay but haven't shipped it home yet, so I don't have better quality pictures(still waiting for them from a cargo company). I think it is mamba basic(with 5 spoke wheels and carbon fiber fairings) but it has biposto not monoposto rear subframe that should be there. Still it was a bargain:yo:

·
The Machinist
2,448 Posts
Nice ornas!

Congrats:f4:

you have a mighty fine project on your hands!:drummer:

we are really gonna need some pics:yo:

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
I think the kits were limited to 300, but there were different kits, a basic plastic and tank kit, then a carbon and tank kit, then the whole thing, all the carbon and marchesini wheels etc, they vaired (from memory) from £3000-£7000

Have a look here at the spare prices http://www.mvagustacorse.com/elencouk.html?sub=4080&cat=11&val=no

nice project by the way:)

·
Registered
4,476 Posts
The basic kits are not numbered only the full kits are. So you could have a basic kit, which would be a genuine Mamba kit with no numbering. Hence the wheels are still the star wheels.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
MVSP F4-1000 MAMBA Basic Kit
Part Number SP 02
Limited Edition of 300 Mamba Kits worldwide

The Basic Kit Includes:
  • Carbon Fiber front mudguard, Red/cCear painted
  • Carbon Fiber front fairing, Black/Clear painted
  • Black painted plastic right and left mirrors
  • Black painted plastic airbox
  • Black painted metal fuel tank
  • Red painted plastic right side fuel tank panel
  • Red painted plastic left side panel fuel tank
  • Carbon Fiber right side fairing panel, Black/Red/Clear painted
  • Carbon Fiber left side fairing panel, Black/Red/cCear painted
  • Carbon Fiber lower fairing, Clear-coated
  • Black "Alcantara" seat
  • Black "Alcantara" back pad
  • Carbon Fiber single seat tail fairing, Red/Clear painted
  • Engraved plaque with the number of the bike and matching "Limited Edition" certificate

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
I have bought it on ebay but haven't shipped it home yet, so I don't have better quality pictures(still waiting for them from a cargo company). I think it is mamba basic(with 5 spoke wheels and carbon fiber fairings) but it has biposto not monoposto rear subframe that should be there. Still it was a bargain:yo:
I would say that's a basic Mamba from the pics.
But why did you bought that salvage? You know there's a lot of work to be done there, don't you?

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I would say that's a basic Mamba from the pics.
But why did you bought that salvage? You know there's a lot of work to be done there, don't you?
I think it looks worse than it is. I will need new frame sideplates (50eur) airbox (about 100eur) fuel tank (200eur) speedo (just missed one on french ebay for 76eur) carbon nose fairing (200eur), mirror (50eur), taillight (50eur)-I am speaking about ebay prices of course. I also have f4 750 that I cant sell in Lithuania, so maybe I will donate mamba. I still don't know what I will do with it, maybe will part it out, maybe will sell it like it is now, maybe will repair it. will wait till it come...:blah:

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
It is a Mamba, but it wasn't bought as a full bike from MV corse, the owner put on the basic kit. Congrats, and good luck!

I realize that this may sound like my opinion, but here's my rationale

1. Mamba paint (turns from orange to red depending on light) (since this is hard to replicate/ not that common, I figured it is a real bike)----points to mamba
2. Star wheels -- points to basic kit, because it didn't come with wheels--- points to basic kit

----------Here's why I say it wasn't purchased as a full bike---------------------
The bike in the picture has a biposto subframe. If it was purchased as a mono-posto from MV Corse, it wouldn't have this subframe. If it was purchased as a biposto, it would have the biposto seat. Therefore, I believe that the owner bought the basic kit, and had it put on his bi-posto bike.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts