MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a s/hand shock which I was going to fit to my 750 Brutale. It's from a 2005 F4 mamba and its painted like an ohlins but they don't recognise the part no. -8000A3187
30510 21/04
It looks very similar to the sachs unit but with a semi-remote preload
adjuster. I've attached a photo.
Can anyone shine a light on this.
Settings would be a bonus.
Thanks, mark.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,387 Posts
Oh my..... looks like you just bought a Sachs with remote preload (like ones on the F4 1000S-R-312) thinking it's an Ohlins :stickpoke

BTW welcome

·
Registered
779 Posts
Oh my..... looks like you just bought a Sachs with remote preload (like ones on the F4 1000S-R-312) thinking it's an Ohlins :stickpoke

BTW welcome
No, that don't look like a remote preload adjuster. There's a second nitrogen reservoir on that shock...

Mark, you got better picts?

·
Ball & Chain magnet
3,027 Posts
it is a stock shock from a 1000s/R/312R model with a sticker on it..... hate to bear the bad news.... but the guy tricked you.

I saw that on the ebay and thought that guy should be hauled out to the woodshed and given a few lashes of the belt.

·
Registered
13,695 Posts
Bummer. I was going to suggest that it looks exactly like an old Sachs shock I have on the shelf with an Ohlins sticker on it.

CAG

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Mmmm, Thought as much, got it on Ebay right enough did the F4s' all have the remote pre-load and are they any better than the ones fitted to 750 Brutale. It starts of well, but once it heats up the damping disappears.
It's just not the way I like to be spanked!
By the way,Can anybody rebuild them?
Thanks, Mark

·
Registered
5,387 Posts
Mmmm, Thought as much, got it on Ebay right enough did the F4s' all have the remote pre-load and are they any better than the ones fitted to 750 Brutale. It starts of well, but once it heats up the damping disappears.
It's just not the way I like to be spanked!
By the way,Can anybody rebuild them?
Thanks, Mark
If you bought it through ebay start a dispute and get your money back so you cna buy a proper Ohlins.
If you got it for really cheap then perhaps you should keep it becaus at least you have the remote preload adjuster and it should be newer than yours.
As far as i know you can't rebuild it.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
If you got it for really cheap then perhaps you should keep it becaus at least you have the remote preload adjuster and it should be newer than yours.
But you should got it really cheap, if you want to keep it... original Sachs shocks are really cheep to purchase.

·
Ball & Chain magnet
3,027 Posts
get your money back and buy the one from CAG :stickpoke

·
Registered
66 Posts
Bought a Sachs shock just like that for 73 euros on eBay.

I contacted K-tech and they do work on this shock. Going to send mine.:naughty:

Don't know about the brutale, but on the early F4 like mine, the shock is real crap and on top of that, the spring is to soft for my weight.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts