MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
971 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Friends,

Can someone please advise on the physical position of the main headlight beam relay for a 750 F4?

I have 12V at the main beam bulb plug but the buld does not light. I have tried two seperate bulbs (both which work). When measuring the voltage across the bulb with the bulb in circuit the voltage drops to around 0.1V

I would like to try to find the main headlight beam relay to see if there is an HR on the contact etc

Cheers

Sub

·
Super Moderator
22,321 Posts
Ok Subby, here is a picture culled from the manual, that shows where the relays live.

Haven't you downloaded the manual yet? It takes less than 5 minutes.

F4750 Headlight relays.jpg

·
Registered
971 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers silent, I looked through the manual but clearly not hard enough. thanks

·
Registered
9,955 Posts
Is it up on the left "cheek" of the headlight.?
That's where they are on the F4 1000R.
There should be two mounted up there side by side. One for low beam and one for high beam.
Same unit as the fan relays which on the F4 1000R sit behind the fuse box on the right side under the side fairing panel.
The manuals are very good mind ; )
Joe

·
Super Moderator
22,321 Posts
What doess that mean?

·
Registered
971 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
The relay coil was picking (energising) so I knew it was not a fuse wiring or switch problem on the coil side of the relay. The front contact (broken with coil de-energised and made with contact energised) was High Resistance. There was 12V across the bulb plug with the bulb 'out of circuit' and 0.1V across the bulb with the bulb 'in circuit'. The remaining Volt drop was across the High Resistance relay contact.

·
Super Moderator
22,321 Posts
Thank you.

·
Registered
971 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sorry Silent, in our profession we use the term 'pick' when a relay has 'energised' and a 'front' contact is 'open' when the coil is 'de-energised'

Sorry about the terminology confusion

1 - 9 of 9 Posts