1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
you need to change the permissions on it so either everyone can see it, or host it on here rather than facebook

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
Don't have face book so I couldn't see it.

I don't see what the big deal is about touching your knee on the ground. Sticking your knee out is a gage as to how far you are leaning and how much you have left on lean angel. I understand that kneedown often means fast around corners, I am all about fast around corners.... however, fast around corners does not mean kneedown. I don't mean to piss on any one's parade but putting my kneedown was never a goal of mine, maybe that is because one day going too hot into a turn I almost ended up killing myself. I thought I had to lean it more not to kiss a tree and it just happened without me wanting it to, it was not something I set out to do, and still don't.... it just happens at times (now more often then before).

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
Don't have face book so I couldn't see it.

I don't see what the big deal is about touching your knee on the ground. Sticking your knee out is a gage as to how far you are leaning and how much you have left on lean angel. I understand that kneedown often means fast around corners, I am all about fast around corners.... however, fast around corners does not mean kneedown. I don't mean to piss on any one's parade but putting my kneedown was never a goal of mine, maybe that is because one day going too hot into a turn I almost ended up killing myself. I thought I had to lean it more not to kiss a tree and it just happened without me wanting it to, it was not something I set out to do, and still don't.... it just happens at times (now more often then before).

For some riders it's everything, for others like you it's no big deal.
I fond many who say it's no big deal are the guys who can't achieve the goal.

I remember one of my mates said that for 5 years, said he didn't care, bla bla, then one track day his knee went down and he was like a kid in a lolly shop:)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I completely understand it is not necessarily the fastest way around. For me it's purely about correct body position, the fun of hanging right off and cool scrapey noise. Having said that I am a bit faster as a result. Bear in mind this is my first big bike, Ive been riding a 125 sports since last summer and I passed my full licence 2 months ago.

·
Registered
499 Posts
looks like you just made the round-about 100 times more fun! now, every time you come to one, you'll go around it a few times before peeling off and going on your way! :)

·
Registered
971 Posts
that vid is the dogs dangly bits. whereabouts in the UK is it buddy

·
Registered
521 Posts
Nice one mate, it's very satisfying when you first manage to do it!!!:) Now that you got that out of the way, concentrate on improving your riding skills :)

·
Registered
3,149 Posts
Nice work mate.
I need to work on this as well, not for faster cornering or anything like that.......Just because i'd like to be able to do it proficiently.

·
Banned
1,449 Posts
So this week I decided to learn to get my knee down. Found a couple of really helpful videos about body position etc and before long I was managing it without too much difficulty. I've decided It's massive fun, even on a slow roundabout.

Anyway this one is near my gaff so we got a bit of video...

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/video/video.php?v=122592662290

For the facebook denied crew:

http://gallery.mvagusta.net/sp3ctre/photo/42772/
Do yourself a favor remove this video clip off the internet, blank your number plate out and the put it back on, before the police see it (whats wrong with it I hear?) the UK police will find somthing wrong with it, trust me.:drummer:

·
Registered
521 Posts
Do yourself a favor remove this video clip off the internet, blank your number plate out and the put it back on, before the police see it (whats wrong with it I hear?) the UK police will find somthing wrong with it, trust me.:drummer:
+1, I remember reading about someone being prosecuted in the UK a few months ago because of a video on youtube.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts