MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I get my F4 312rr 1098 with heating issue. Previous owner said he changed water pump but problem stayed.
I read a lot of advices (3rd vent, another pump/hoses/radiator, engine ice) and done only two things (still don't know which works more):
1) Change my coolant to Motul Mocool (1:20 to water)
2) After flushing coolant system i took off hose of the upper rad and pour mocool there via funnel and selfmade hose. After i saw rad cant take no more I started pour mocool usual way.
You can find video (not mine) of point 2 on youtube it named "MV AGUSTA F4 2004 OVERHEATING PROBLEM SOLVE ! - COOLANT CHANGE"
Now it's stable 97-98C on idling and 103-105 in traffic VS 115-125 and nervous blinking all the way.

·
Registered
393 Posts
I have done the same, except with water wetter, distilled water and 15% glycol.

Today it was +28C outside and cruising temps are 75-78, sitting at lights is 88-95, its very rare to get it to go over 100C, and then the fan cools it immediately!

I have never seen my bike go over 103C!!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have done the same, except with water wetter, distilled water and 15% glycol.

Today it was +28C outside and cruising
PHP:
temps are 75-78, sitting at lights is 88-95, its very rare to get it to go over 100C, and then the fan cools it immediately!

I have never seen my bike go over 103C!!
I guess that filling rad that way is the most significant way to avoid overheating.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Check your water pump to be sure the mod is ok. Whatever the result, you'll upgrade the coolant, so...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts