MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys. On my 312RR can´t seem to find anywhere in the chassis manual info on how to take the headlight assy appart. One of the little position bulbs went out and I have no clue how to access to it. Anyone??

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
It's really easy. Take the nose-cone off, you'll see four metal clips holding the glass onto the housing. Pop all four off and BE CAREFUL. Sometimes the glass will stay stuck on the housing, don't take your hand off the glass!!!! With a little care, the glass will come off and you'll have easy access to the bulbs.

I made the mistake of turning my back to set the clips down from my old 750 and the glass popped off on its own and smashed on the ground. It was a costly, time consuming lapse in judgement. Best of luck!

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
COOL!! right on!! thanks very much J_Spec. and great link Saftie!! will check on that too. you guys have a good one!!

·
Registered
404 Posts
As has been said, hold that glass as the parts are bloody expensive!

The clips are easy to get hold off should one break on you, but the glass is a nightmare.

·
Super Moderator
22,070 Posts

·
Registered
9,955 Posts
Taking the headlight out can be a pain. Last time I had to change a bulb I called in some professional help...

It was all done very quickly and the tech was rather enthusiastically received but the alignment was a little askew.

:naughty:

Attachments

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Got the job done! it tourned out to be pretty easy!! It looked like that glass had been there since new. it only has 4 metal clips to hold it in place correct?? thanks for the help guys. I´m loving my Agusta!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts