MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Yep I searched ya wally,

Any one modded so they can have the key on without draining the battery,
Any one modded to have the high beam on with the low, I did this on an Aprilia, via the switch, and also utilized the h4 spare prong on the low beam
to be on with with high beam,

no time wasters allowed, :p oh all right just a few, otherwise where gunna run out of reading material, :censored:

·
Premium Member
2,003 Posts
look at the wiring diagram.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
look at the wiring diagram.
and then what, I reckon its hard wired, so looking to see if any other way to have key on without lights on, I doubt it, just seeing if another loonie has figured it out, thanks MR ED, my favourite show, 🦙

·
Premium Member
2,003 Posts
Don’t be an ass

Reactions: theknurl

·
Wing Nut
21,314 Posts
and will that replace the one already on the bar, ironman, what do i do with it, ? 🤓
Yes...the Euro switch replaces the original and has a headlight on/off switch incorporated.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
rippa, thanks ironbar and esky, you too eddy, :giggle:

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi mate, sent you a pm, cheers

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
found a euro mode switch and a diagram to fit,
but bugger me it looks pretty techo to sort out which wire goes where
may have to meter each wire individualey to see as the block fittings don't match up'
happy splicing days ahead, :p

·
Vendor
5,571 Posts
Not being a time waster,but why do you want to do this when hard wired headlights have been around for many years and is a safety issue?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Only for starting till warmed up so battery wont drain or put out less amps for cranking, helping sprag etc, once on the road the lights are on 'but in my case no ones home, :p'

Marverlous Mitchy, you could never be a time waster, tell me why latest cars don't require it, if the shoe fits, we could all be cinderalla, :giggle:

·
Super Moderator
23,221 Posts
@flossy: You do know the headlight is out of the circuit during startup, right?

·
Wing Nut
21,314 Posts
Cars have "Running" lights on...Headlights you still have to turn on (unless you have auto-on function available).

·
Vendor
5,571 Posts
Only for starting till warmed up so battery wont drain or put out less amps for cranking, helping sprag etc, once on the road the lights are on 'but in my case no ones home, :p'

Marverlous Mitchy, you could never be a time waster, tell me why latest cars don't require it, if the shoe fits, we could all be cinderalla, :giggle:
Its a motorcycle thing,so cars can see you and hopefully be aware.
It doesn't always work though.lol.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
@flossy: You do know the headlight is out of the circuit during startup, right?
As soon as I turn my key on, my lights come on before I hit the start button hence already using up juice, I just went to fire it up and the lights are on all the time during starting,

Same as when you go to start with it in gear and clutch pulled in, they can turn over much slower and cause a dash reset on other bikes then have to reset clock, lose the trip meter and reset the rev

limiter light, :)

·
Super Moderator
23,221 Posts
Then there is something wrong with your start circuit. That should not happen. What year is your bike?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Ago 2006 f4, still trying to work out how to put them in my sig, ta, just sorted

It still fires up okay, I threw in a new battery to eliminate any loss to electrics while running so I could tick that one off, ;)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts