MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My first post - Just got the 07 F4 1000R and I already hit 900 miles on it. Pro Italia service told me that they can only do the servicing on my bike after 27th Dec :cross:

The rate at which I am riding my bike, I presume that it will reach 1K miles by this Friday. In short, I have to twiddle my thumbs from 16th until 27th Dec.

Is there anyone else in the Los Angeles/OC region who does servicing for MV. I cant take it to GP motors in San Diego as they take a few days to get the servicing done.

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
There's no other authorized dealer in Southern Cal except GP and Pro Italia. You may just want keep riding and then get it done after 12/27 - or if it bothers you enough, you could just change the oil yourself.

I understand your frustrations. GP won't do valve adjustment work on an L.A. bike unless you leave it there (I practically begged them too take me on a Saturday). The only other alternative is to ride up to Monroe (probably just as busy) or to Scottsdale, AZ. But I would not take it to someone who's not an authorized dealership because of the warranty issues. Honestly, I think you'll be fine. Maybe just change the oil if you're going to more than around 1200 miles.

·
Registered
119 Posts
i took my bike to pro italia for my service & they had it done 4 me the same day. it might take them all day but it get's done.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I'm with Allan, just ride it!

I think being late for your first service is like a right of passage around here. Maintain the 'break-in' instructions though, try not to wring its neck until you sneak in that first service.

FBD

P.S. You could also give that new dealership a try, its in Norcal somewhere. I'm sorry I forgot the name, I think there was a thread about it. Have fun!

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys,
I will not wring its neck. Following the break in instructions ad verbatim.
Thanks for all the help

1 - 6 of 6 Posts