MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey, what was the orignal sticker price on the ev 02?? and what would a model with 1500 miles be worth? and the fairings have paint chiping. let me know thanks

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
im askin because sence the neiman marcus deal didnt go threw i found a ev 02 for sale they want $15k i offered $13.5 has 1500 miles and some paint chipping on the fairings.

eric

·
Registered
200 Posts
2 months ago I paid $12,400 for a 2002 Evo2 with only 774 miles on it - perfect condition. I regularly see Evo2's on ebay for around that price and lately even a bit cheaper that are advetised to be in very nice condition. Personally, I think $13.5 is a bit high if you're going to have to "fix" anything.

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Yep, 18,995 was it Allan? It was basically full MSRP all the time back then. Your offered price seems fair for a bike whose condition was representative of 1500 miles but with paint chips it sounds a bit rough so perhaps lower is more fair?

Minimal chipping but you'd still have to replace them? What is minimal?

·
Registered
144 Posts
JamesC said:
Your offered price seems fair for a bike whose condition was representative of 1500 miles but with paint chips it sounds a bit rough so perhaps lower is more fair?
I agree with JamesC, I picked mine up in June from a guy in Florida with about 3000 miles and he was asking $12k and it was in perfect condition (maybe 2 paint chips), but he was nice enough to take $11.5k.

I'm not sure if you've already priced replacement panels, but maybe you could use that to lower the price like JamesC suggested....

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
JamesC said:
Yep, 18,995 was it Allan? It was basically full MSRP all the time back then. Your offered price seems fair for a bike whose condition was representative of 1500 miles but with paint chips it sounds a bit rough so perhaps lower is more fair?

Minimal chipping but you'd still have to replace them? What is minimal?
That's it! $18,995.

Well, for what it's worth, I sold my '02 F4 (silver) with 10,000 miles for $10,000 in March 2004 but I had scratches on both sides of the mid fairing. From what other guys were offering at the time, I probably could have gotten $13K if it were mint.

I'm not sure what the used 750 market is right now - but I think Psperl got his for 2000 model for around $10K back in August: http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=2934&page=1&pp=10

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
JamesC said:
There are some strange marks on the fairings IMO. If that isn't mud splatter, which I can't imagine it being since they would have cleaned it for the photos, then it looks as if the paint is peeling? Respray? Some odd black marks on both sides as well?
James, do you think it could just be megga shiny? and the marks are reflections off the leaves? :stickpoke

·
Registered
144 Posts
Those spots do seem like they're the reflections of leaves, but those black marks are concerning.

I've dealt with Motocorsa before and they have seemed to be on the high side of pricing when it comes to used MV's. I don't know if you've already checked out Cycle Trader, but here's a link to one in Idaho:
EV 02 - Beaudry Motorsports In Post Falls, Idaho I've never dealt with them before, but it seems like a much better price and better condition.

But if you want to spend the extra money, go with Pirates bike, a much better deal and a year newer. But that's just my $.02

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
JamesC said:
Yep you must be right :) So now just the black marks, I don't see any rock chips in that case?
Ah!! I never noticed those, now they do look a little worrying, mind you looking at the chicken strips suggests the bike has had an easy life

·
Registered
41 Posts
2002 F4 EVOII For Sale 3200 miles

Just an FYI my 02 MV f4 is for sale for $12200. 3100 miles, all stock except for a few carbon bits. Its in beauitful condition. Let me know.
Ricardo

·
Registered
41 Posts
Beaudry MV

Just so you know the MV at Beaudrys has been sold for some time. I don't know why they keep the add. I called on it last summer??? They are good guys to deal with. I bought a Ducati Monster S4 from them a few years ago, good people.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
hey lost angel I would buy yours but i need to be finnaced. so thats why i haventet had sent any one emails. I talked to teh GM at teh dealership today and we are waiting my credit check to come back for the bike, he assures me that they are just refelections and stated only chipping is on the bellypan.

the gm was very interested in working a deal more interested than pro itilia and is even helping me with shipping the bike if i need it (which i will).

Beaudry doesnt finnace out of state buyers or i would have bought that EV 02 last year lol. well see how it goes everyone hope for me so we can all ride together :yo:

Attachments

1 - 20 of 24 Posts