MV Agusta Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello! i new here and i need a little help! i broke my engine on my f4 2007.i found a new one but some codes writen on the carter are diferent.mine have the code f 5 and the other have f 4 1.what changes they have?

·
Old Wing Nut
24,885 Posts
Welcome to the family !! Are you living in Albania? I think you may be the first member from that country.

I believe the engine stamped F4 is the older engine (Euro 2 emissions) which used 1.6M ECU;
The engine stamped F5 will be for later Euro 3 emissions models which used the 5SM ECU.
So the F5 engine will have second air plumbing in cylinder head and camshaft position sensor installed for sequential injection.
It should still work in your frame, you will just need to block off second air and ignore cam position sensor.

Perhaps some other members can either confirm or dispute my beliefs.

Reactions: aerd

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i broke 1 connecting rod and brake the carter but no other damages.so i want to keep my things from the cylinder block and up.i want to change only from the carter and down.do they match?

·
Super Moderator
7,660 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum.
The best way to verify parts compatibility is to reference the parts manuals.

This link will allow you to download the relevant parts documentation you need and the service manuals will certainly be of use too.:

·
Old Wing Nut
24,885 Posts
A quick answer to your question....yes. You can install your cylinder head on the newer carter and crankshaft/rods.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
hi guys!the parts i bought for my f4 didnt match all.the conecting rods and the crankshaft were shorter😞.probably the parts were from the brutale 910.now i need 1 connecting rod.someone can show me a site or where i can find one

·
Registered
114 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts