MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This has happened a few times now on recent rides. Riding along at, say, 45 mph with the bike fully warmed up and running fine. Slow down as I come to a light and the engine just cuts completely off. No stumbling, coughing or whatnot. Then the bike fires right back up and runs fine.

2005 F4-1000 with 4800 miles. Just bought it a month or so ago.

Any thoughts?

·
Super Moderator
22,070 Posts
Have a bit of a read through the forum, various things could cause this, TPS might need resetting, might need new spark plugs, idling might be slightly low, you might have an air leak from perished air lines, fuel system might need a service ... etc.
You'll have to start one side and work your way through the options, it's not a new bike, even though it's low mileage.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
I had that issue. Unfortunately the list of things that can't cause it is shorter than the list of things that can. I ended up changing out my entire fuel pump assembly for a spare I had. I believe it was likely a faulty fuel pressure return valve or the metal quick connect fuel fittings I'd fitted were too restrictive on flow.

Another thing is check if there's a difference in the idle speeds between you letting the throttle snap itself shut and you manually closing it with a bit of force, which is more like riding. I found closing it manually dropped it by another 200 revs, which didn't help.

Si

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am going to start with plugs and see how it goes. Searched and found a reference somewhere to the stalling and NGK CR9EIX plugs being a possible fix.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Let me know how it works out. I'm starting to have the same problems on my Brutale 1078.

I am going to start with plugs and see how it goes. Searched and found a reference somewhere to the stalling and NGK CR9EIX plugs being a possible fix.

·
Vendor
5,281 Posts
The NGK Iridium plugs you have ordered fixed my bike with the same symptoms.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Had similar issues with my F4 EVO 3 when I first had it. Fitting a PCIII seemed to fix my stalling. But like others have stated it can be one of a number of things. Best of luck mate

·
Super Moderator
22,105 Posts
Fuel these days is s prime suspect. With the BS additives and ethanol it seems that you don't really know what the fuel rating may be. My S4Rs Monster was stalling easily at 93 octane so I bumped it down to 89 and all is well.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts