MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I have rebuilt a 02 F4 from salvage. It runs fine but is not charging the battery. I have removed the alternator and had it checked, tested perfect. Also a new battery. I was told if the alternator does not recieve power for the magnets it will not put out any power. I guess what I really need is a wiring diagram. Any suggestions on what to check first, maybe I'm missing some thing simple. I hate electrical gremlins! Any help would be GREATLY apppreciated, I have never really ridden this bike and am eager to try it out after spending so much time restoring it.

Thanks Guys;

Steve B.

·
Registered
5,387 Posts
You just need the manual :)

I think the F4 750 is easly availiable for download on this forum, although i can't find it now.
Alvin will surely help you getting it.
Alvin........ :stickpoke :D

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
ducracer18 said:
Ok, I checked the fuse on the left side. It's fine, but it's only a 30 AMP.
Don't forget there is a spare fuse also located in the same relay, make sure you check its in the right socket!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes I have 2 ( 1 spare) 30Amp fuses, having trouble finding a 40 Amp to replace them. I have started to look at the wiring dia. from the net. This may take a while, I am mechanically inclined but electrically challenged! Trying to track down the + power source for the Alt. and all related connections. Can tell me what does the 3 pinned plug near the battery called the diodes, control?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
PROBLEM SOLVED! Starter relay/alternator fuse had a corroded/ broken tab to fuse terminal. Replaced with spare unit, works fine. Thanks for every ones help!

Steve.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts