MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to track day yesterday and after the second morning session I hear this large crash. Had my back turned to my bike, turned around and found my bike down after it was hit by another rider hit while it was parked. I couldn't say anything for fear I might blow up while the guy was apologizing. While looking it over I thought, well I am still going to finish this track day and discuss having the cosmetics fixed with him a little later, then I noticed the brake lever was snapped off. No spares available so track day shot also.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
By the way, anyone have 2007 F4 red/silver right hand fairing they want to sale.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Wow!
Total commiseration from here richd...

but it's better than a trip to the ER along with bike damage.

Someone around here will probably have some parts for you.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Aww man. Was it a jealous rider of a rival make? Sorry to hear

·
Registered
924 Posts
Not trying to provoke you, but could you of parked up in a place where an errant bike was less likely to engage yours, or could this of no way have been foreseen?

Anyway a real shame all the same, and it ruined a good day out.

·
Super Moderator
22,070 Posts
By the way, anyone have 2007 F4 red/silver right hand fairing they want to sale.
Sorry to hear Rich, I think there's some fairings for sale at the moment.

Not trying to provoke you, but could you of parked up in a place where an errant bike was less likely to engage yours, or could this of no way have been foreseen?

Anyway a real shame all the same, and it ruined a good day out.
There's usually designated parking spaces at track days, not too many options to try and get away from idiots.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
@ MVBERT, was just parking in a area that other bikes park in a row next to our classroom sessions. Guys bike apparently stalled and he rolled back turning into it. I could of parked in a different area and will in the future. I was pretty pissed off right after, but things happen and staying mad does not change the fact it happened. He is paying for repairs/parts without a fuss and even bought me a track day.

@Donsy, thought I might be able to find one cheaper than through the dealer. Just for the right mid fairing it will be $1136.00 and just trying to help the guy out on cost.

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
@ MVBERT, was just parking in a area that other bikes park in a row next to our classroom sessions. Guys bike apparently stalled and he rolled back turning into it. I could of parked in a different area and will in the future. I was pretty pissed off right after, but things happen and staying mad does not change the fact it happened. He is paying for repairs/parts without a fuss and even bought me a track day.

@Donsy, thought I might be able to find one cheaper than through the dealer. Just for the right mid fairing it will be $1136.00 and just trying to help the guy out on cost.
Sounds like the guy is trying to do the right thing. Karma rules......

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Sorry to hear about the incident but as they say, 'shit happens'. Glad to hear it is only bike damage and that you didn't 'blow up'. Sounds like the owner of the other bike is a good guy.

As for parts, another forum member is after a clutch lever only and I'm selling both brake & clutch lever as a pair. Happy to split them if both levers are sold. cost is $50 AUD plus postage for one lever. I also have a pair of CRG folding levers for sale at $150 plus postage. Both sets are from a 750 F4 and are in Melbourne, Australia.

original F4 levers
DSC_0608 750 F4 MV Agusta levers low res.jpg

CRG folding levers. note: scratches/damage on ends
DSC_0609 750 F4 MV Agusta CRG folding levers low res.jpg

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Sorry to hear about the incident but as they say, 'shit happens'. Glad to hear it is only bike damage and that you didn't 'blow up'. Sounds like the owner of the other bike is a good guy.

As for parts, another forum member is after a clutch lever only and I'm selling both brake & clutch lever as a pair. Happy to split them if both levers are sold. cost is $50 AUD plus postage for one lever. I also have a pair of CRG folding levers for sale at $150 plus postage. Both sets are from a 750 F4 and are in Melbourne, Australia.

original F4 levers
View attachment 137137

CRG folding levers. note: scratches/damage on ends
View attachment 137145

Do you know what the cost of postage is? It is hard to see, is there a spring opposite the adjuster?

I guess I could of worded it a little better about the "blow up" part, I am a pretty calm person and I guess I was just speechless.

·
Super Moderator
22,102 Posts
The track day organizers I have experienced usually caution everyone that "on track" incidents happen and that's life. Off the track, in a parked condition, incidents happen, too. It doesn't help to get crazed.

It sounds like you are being compensated well and fairly by a stand-up guy.

Sorry abut the incident, it sucks to watch, but it could be worse.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The track day organizers I have experienced usually caution everyone that "on track" incidents happen and that's life. Off the track, in a parked condition, incidents happen, too. It doesn't help to get crazed.

It sounds like you are being compensated well and fairly by a stand-up guy.

Sorry abut the incident, it sucks to watch, but it could be worse.
I completely understand it could of been a lot worse. Everyone at the track was great, some sponsors pushed my bike to their trailer to try and get it back on the track and offered to install a lever if I could run into town and pick one up from our dealer, but they did not have one in stock. I am a half glass full guy and even called the guy today to tell him I am going to see about getting the fairing repaired to save him some money. It was just hard seeing my bike down after keeping it in excellent condition. My track day experiences and the people there have been nothing but great.

·
Super Moderator
22,102 Posts
Good to hear. Where was the track day?

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Where are you? I can dig in my garage but I think I have a pristine stock brake lever in a drawer somewhere if I havent already sent it off to someone and forgot about it.
That be awesome, I am in Plano,Tx.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Sorry for your bad luck. Good luck with getting your bike back to its condition prior to this incident. I am glad to hear the guy is taking care of the damage he caused. Many times, that is not the case. Especially when you provide price quotes for replacement factory MV Agusta parts.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts