MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got the latest Australian Motorcycle News and the editor has written a special article regarding the CC as he just got back from the Milan show. Here's what he said...

"The MV Agusta F4CC stopped me dead in my tacks. I spent ages looking over the delectable Ducati 1098 and numerous specials, but the MV had me drooling.
Bikes are very cultural contraptions. You cannot, no matter how politically correct you want to be, ignore the fact that Japanese bikes are not European bikes are not American bikes are not Japanese bikes. Some bikes blur the boundaries at times, and there are sub-cultures within each of the main cultures, but none of us would be fooled if you debaged a 916, a Harley and a ZX-14 and told us lies about their birthplaces.
I hope it stays this way forever. That's not to say I reckon the Japanese have no right to build cruisers, nor that Buell shouldn't go all out to win Formula Extreme races. It's just that I don't want to see our sport santitised, brought down to a common level where everything is the same.
Triumph's success with the Daytona 675 is heartening in this regard. When the Poms tried building four cylinder bikes to takle the Japanes, they failed as miserably as their Cricket team. So they went to a triple - and haven't looked back, as praise and awards have rolled in on a bike that's seriously good.
The Italians, though, have something very special in their water, I'm sure. Maybe it is the red wine at lunch. A big seminar on motorcycle design preceded the Milan show and it was fascinating to listen to the Europeans, Americans and host Italians who presented papers.
After an arduous series of talks on currencies, sales figures, marketing sorcery and future best guesses, an Italian stood and talked about art. He spoke of the Italians flair for engineering beauty - of the Tamburini inside every Italian. When he finished, the MC thanked him for ' bringing us back to reality'.
Tamburini exists in the F4 CC too, which is indescibably beautiful in its concept and detail. The company's blurb reads more like an art review than a motorcycle release and at E100,000, the bike is virtually a piece of art rather than a speed machine - not that it isn't the latter.
I guess you either get it or you don't. I'm glad I get it, even if I can't afford it"

I thought I would share this with you.

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts
Thanks Greg, good editorial....

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
Greg Albert said:
When the Poms tried building four cylinder bikes to takle the Japanes, they failed as miserably as their Cricket team.
Who just happen to hold the ashes at the moment BTW. :stickpoke Although it has to be said they are making a good fist of trying to loose them . :bawling:

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
sometimes and i repeat SOMETIMES we as owners forget what it was like before we were owners. this article only addresses on side of the CC arguement, but it's the "feeling" that lead alot of present owners to become owners in the first place. nice write-up.

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
john said:
Who just happen to hold the ashes at the moment BTW. :stickpoke Although it has to be said they are making a good fist of trying to loose them . :bawling:
:banghead: yeah but as you can see not for long :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :stickpoke

1 - 9 of 9 Posts